To those women who have had c-sections..

My mom had one with me and said it was a much more positive experience with my birth than it was with all of her natural births. If you had a c-section, were you satisfied with it? Disappointed? Glad you had one?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:39 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was very satisfied with my C-Section. I am glad I had one. My scar is barely there anymore so that is always a plus.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 12:41 AM on May. 23, 2009

• im going to be having my 3rd and last in dec and i wouldnt want to do it anyother way...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:44 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I had all three of mine via c-section, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I do wish I could have had a natural birth. I actually hated having c-sections. I cried when I found out I needed an emergency one the first time and cried all the way to the hospital for my second one. I didn't cry the third time, because I never even considered a VBAC that time, but I still hated it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:45 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I had two, one with my son and one with my daughter,the scar is as thin as a piece of paper, I can wear a bathing suit(not that I do) but no one would be able to see the scar. It went by so quick and I wasn't in as much pain afterwards, I didn't even need to codine after I was released from the hospital. Plus it keeps the lady area nice and small, if you know what I mean! LOL The only down fall is with my daughter I had a spinal block instead of the epideral(whatever) and I felt really cold when they were cutting me but they put warm blankets all over me. That was it, it goes by fast and you get to hold your baby even faster!! No labor pains either, I was going to do a normal birth w/my son and OMG I was in labor for 18 hours and it was so horrible!! Go with the c-section!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 12:45 AM on May. 23, 2009

• i had a c/s with my first, it felt so wrong to me, i ended up with severe post-partum depression. i had my vbac in november, MUCH better experience all around. i would never have an elective c/s
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:47 AM on May. 23, 2009

• i was dead set on having a vaginal birth...when it didnt go that way, i was very upset. traumatized might be a better word. i had to be put to sleep and so i felt like i had missed the most important part of life, the birth of my son. not even his dad could be there. just a bunch of screaming doctors. very thankful of course that my son was healthy and alive...im sure if i had been awake, i wouldnt have had such a bad experience. the recovery was awful...my incision ripped open like 2 times...just painful. if i ever have another, i get to experience it all again. yeah! lol. but ill be able to stay awake next time.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:47 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I'd go with a vaginal birth any time. I had two vaginal and then my last son was born via c/s. I am a fast healer and it wasn't a bad experience, but major abdominal surgery vs a vaginal birth is a no brainer for me. With my first two I was home in a couple days vs 5, I was 100% within a couple weeks vs 6, I was walking within a hour of giving birth vs a day. I'm glad I had one because it meant my son was born safe and healthy, but given the choice I'd go vaginal over a c/s.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:51 AM on May. 23, 2009

• my c section was awesome..i personally wouldnt have it any other way..well..actually..my dr said that next time i get pregnant it will have to be a c section anyways..so..i dont really have a choice..but, i was very pleased with mine!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:52 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I hated them....3 sections. So much more dangerous. Risks to you risks to baby. I am going for a vabc this time.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:53 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I HAD A NORMAL BIRTH AND A C-SECTION WITH MY TWINS..I WOULD HAVE GLADLY GAVE BIRTH TO THEM NATURAL..I ENDED UP WITH STAFF INFECTION AND WAS ALLERGIC TO THE STAPLES AND HAD TO HAVE SURGERY AGAIN ONE WEEK AFTER HAVING THE TWINS TO CLEAR THE INFECTION...BUT HAVE TO SAY IT DIDN'T STOP ME FROM SPENDING ALL DAY IN THE NICU WITH MY ANGELS..IT WAS A AWFUL EXPERIENCE BUT WOULD DO IT AGAIN TO HAVE THEM IN MY LIFE...
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 12:53 AM on May. 23, 2009