Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opening a professional daycare

I am opening up a liscensed daycare in wyoming, since this will be my buisness could i still be considered for small buisness grants? i know all about the tax write offs, i just would like to know if maybe i could get grants to give me a faster start then comming up with all the money myself.....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • It doesn't really cost anything to start a daycare just the liscense and you have to own your home unless your trying to buy a place to start one then there is a start up cost, other than that the only thing we paid for was an inspection and the paper work, not very much!! Then again it depends on where you live so in your state it might be different.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on May. 23, 2009

  • SCORE will help you with your business plan. the SBA is a great souce of grants and microloans for small businesses. You local and state chambers of commerce may have infomation on Angel Funds. You need a federal tax ID number; you probably need to incorporate in your state ($500 in Illinois); you may also need a city business license. If you do not have a business background, you may need a professional to help you get your financial system set up. Feel free to contact me with questions.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 AM on May. 23, 2009

  • it can get costly if you are looking for top equipmetn and toys. go to


    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:59 AM on May. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.