a computer question, I have an HP laptop and today when I wanted to download the pictures in my camera, the ubs port is not working

it doesn't read the camera, is a brand new computer. Do you know what can be problem?

sami7jami8

Asked by sami7jami8 at 12:51 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You might have to install the camera program on the laptop. My laptop does the same so I had to go and buy a program so I could download the pictures onto my laptop. My dad is a computer technician that is the only reason I knew. Just go to bestbuy or something and ask them for a camera program so you can download pictures to your computer. It's been years so I forgot what it is called, sorry. But bestbuy will know as soon as you tell them what is wrong.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 12:54 AM on May. 23, 2009

• This happend to me & I took it back & they had to ship it off for a new mother board.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on May. 23, 2009

• maybe the driver for ur usb got uninstalled something like that happened to me but i had to call my computer m,manufacturer to help me through it
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 12:56 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I did install the camera software of course, just when i conect the cable it says NO CAMERA FOUND, I have other laptop and I didn;t have any problems, so is the computer
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 1:00 AM on May. 23, 2009

• it could still be the driver cause our internet driver got installed and the internet wouldnt work at all and i know i usb drivers the drivers are under your divice manager but i would not mess around in there unless you had someone walk you through it =] hope it help sweetie
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 1:01 AM on May. 23, 2009

• thanks firsttimemommy
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 1:16 AM on May. 23, 2009

• of course hun =]
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 1:36 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I agree with firsttimemommy it sounds like a driver issue and if you call the manfacture they should be able to walk you through it is fairly easy if my hubby was home I would tell you step by step but hubby is at work he is a computer tech lol for all computers so but deff sounds like you dont have the drivers to me
    beth214201986

Answer by beth214201986 at 11:20 AM on May. 23, 2009

• http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1004

You can go here to ask about this. It is a forum on a digital camera review site for computer issues.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:24 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I took the SD card and put it into the SD slot on my HP laptop and the pics downloaded with no problem. The only problem I have is that for some reason, when I chose the erase pics after download option it doesn't erase them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 PM on May. 23, 2009