porn

another question on here got me thinking. my man has a chest of over 100 dvd of porn in them. i hate them and hate it when he watches them just the thought of it makes me want to throw up. i do have a reason for hating porn so much when i was 6 my step dad would watch it late at night and wake me up to watch it with him and would make me do things to him and he would do things to me i didnt like it and he said it was our secret bonding time i dont know my bio dad so i wanted to have a dad and was scared if i said anything then i wouldnt have a dad anymore. so i hate porn for that reason which i have told my bf a 1000 times. i told him i would rather have him not watch it but if he does to do it when me and the kids arent home. i guess he dosent care cuz he does it when me and the kids r home.i get pissed and freak out on him and it results in a fight. i just want him to understand what happened to me and to respect my wishes

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Given your reason for hating porn, I would tell him there are no compromises with this. I would tell him to get rid of it (or at least keep it locked up, cut down the collection and only do it when home alone) or I would leave. This isn't good for you psychologically. He might have an addiction.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:18 AM on May. 23, 2009

• BURN ALL THE MUTHAF--KERS!!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:01 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Yeah I hate it too but my hubby knows and doesnt have it around so I dont know about if he didnt respect my wishes I dont know you have to think if thats a deal breaker it might be I mean he should not do it with the kids in the house thats messed up what if they hear him or walk in on him its not a good thing to have in the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on May. 23, 2009

• <---- i have seriously considered it lol. i kind of wish i would have known up front idk if i would have even bothered. hes a great guy besides that treats the kids amazing good dad and provider its just the dam porn!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I am truly sorry for what you went through but at the same time you can't hold your boyfriend accountable for your step fathers actions. Women can think of scenerios where men are more visual. Just because he is beating it to a paid prostitute, doesn't mean he thinks of them - chances are most likely he is thinking of you he's just using the porn for visual purposes. It's definetly better than him going out and cheating. Which may be the next step if you keep with holding from him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 23, 2009

• OP.....the case is locked up the have seen it before not walked in on him but he accidently left one out and they r 3 yr old and 5 yr old boys and we have a dd on the way. the boys looked at it wondering what it was and i freaked out and threw it away i told him he had to put a lock on it so he did and if i find anything he didnt put away its going to be destroyed and put in the garbage.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 1:08 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I found a porn under my parents bed when I was 11. The best friggin day of my childhood.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:10 AM on May. 23, 2009

• OP i unserdtand what ur saying but its not the attachment i have to men and porn just porn in general if i lived with my mom i would make the same request. it just thinking about it talking about it saying this now brings me right back to that dim lit room with a smoke filled room that smeeld like sweat beer and anger. back to a 6 ur old naked body by a fully erected 28 yr old man thinking god only knows what holding back tears while he turn on the porn b/c i know whats going to happen next little tears and the things he made me do i wont go into but i think that gives a good enough of a description of what i think about when i hear him watching porn or i find it left laying around my house
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't be with a man who had that much porn. Why would you get together with a man like that if you don't like it?
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 2:45 AM on May. 23, 2009

• What about you respecting his wishes? Things go both ways. Sometimes there needs to be compromise.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:07 AM on May. 23, 2009