how to make a kid stop crying

my 3 yearold will cry and scream and kick and yell everthing else all day long

tabitha23b

Asked by tabitha23b at 1:12 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Nyquil and a swift blow to the head.

KelliBelly86

Answer by KelliBelly86 at 1:13 AM on May. 23, 2009

• that was lol
    tabitha23b

Answer by tabitha23b at 1:16 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Welcome to the terrible three's. The two's are much easier! He sounds like he is exerting his independence and throwing fits to get what he wants or to get your attention or just to get a rise out of you. Try not to give in to the screams and ignore the fits! Praise him for calming down and getting quiet.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 1:41 AM on May. 23, 2009

• put him on his bed and tell him he can get up when he stops crying...does wonders after the first 3 times
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:08 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Put them in the room untill they calm down.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:02 AM on May. 23, 2009

• putting them in their room will probably work. I know it works for my 21 month old. He's so used to it now he only cries for about 2 minutes then he'll just play with his toys until I go get him, because he knows I'm not gonna listen to it && it's not gonna get him whatever he wants lol.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:35 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I have a 3 and a 4 y/o they are girls 11 months apart. I started telling them "whiney kids go to bed" everytime they even start to whine or cry they go to their beds unitl they are done. I believe in spanking so, when they get a spankin they sit on their bed until they are done crying. I have 5 kids and with the execption of my 4 month old I refuse to listen to crying.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:45 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Have a chair just for him in a secluded un entertaing part of the house, and the very second he starts to cry, yell or scream, send him to the chair. Make him stay there till he stops crying and is calm. Then let him out. But the very second he starts back up, don't give him a warning, just send him straight back to the chair. He will spend alot of time there, and his behavior will get worse before it gets better, but this will work.

Almost forgot the most important part!!! When he is done crying, ask him why he was sent to the chair, make sure he understands that his behavior is what got him there, then ask him why he started crying, help him learn to replace whining with words. So if he started crying because he was thristy, after he has been in the chair and calmed down, have him ask "may I please have a drink". Make a big deal about how much eaiser, and quicker it is to use words.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:17 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm with matthewscandi on this I deal with mine lik she does.
    Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 4:46 AM on May. 24, 2009

• i agree with the room idea......if my son would start whining over something that we wouldnt let him do, we would tell him to go whine in his bedroom and when he was done to come out. He would seriously go in there and cry for a minute and realize we werent coming to his rescue. He would then open his door and say, im done now can i come out!!!! OMG, it actually works! You have to be consistent though
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 2:03 PM on May. 24, 2009