Advice about my hubby and travel please?

Dh has been frustrated lately because our financial situation over the past few months has went down hill. Anyway We had planned on driving to Oregon this summer to see my sister graduate college. After explaining somewhat to both my parents whats going on financially, they both offered to help us foot the bill of traveling, hotels and food. DH does not want to go because we do not have the money to go...he knows that my parents are willing to help!(a lot)! We just got back 2 weeks ago from travelling to see his cousin graduate high school and his mom and brother footed the bill then. Our truck even broke down on the way(which is now getting fixed because of the warranty) and his mom paid for a rental vehical to make sure we were able to go! I frustrated over this, what should I do about it? Not only that but I am going to school online, I have a big assignment due on sunday and DH and BiL want us to all go campingCONT

rennisance

Asked by rennisance at 1:18 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• CONT. So DH and I got into a fight earlier because he wanted to go and so did I but I needed to make sure I got at least half of my homework done so I could finish it sunday evening when we get back into town . So I asked DH to keep an eye on the kids and get dinner started for me so I could get a start on my homework. He just gave up and said well we are not going at all now! He went to sleep instead...this was at 5 this afternoon, because I wanted to get started on my homework we had dinner without him at 9:30 this evening...he slept through it!
    Anyway any advice?
    How do I handle this situation with him, I cannot have him jumping down my throat like that for something so stupid!
    rennisance

Answer by rennisance at 1:23 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I'm sorry, but your husband sounds very childish and I think the only way to address this is to approach the matter as if your were talking to a child. Let him know that you understand his feelings on the matter and that you would be more the willing to help him with things if needed. But you need him to help you out as well. Next time just go up to him and say, baby I need your help! Could you please take a bit of your me time to handle, whatever it is you need at the moment. and if he does it, make sure you make a big to do of thanking him.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:27 AM on May. 23, 2009

• You've got two separate issues here. The camping trip and the drive to Oregon.

1. Camping trip. You were absolutely right to insist on getting your homework done. This sets an important example for your kids. If he doesn't get that, he needs to grow up a bit himself. Tough cookies for him that he missed dinner.

2. Oregon trip. Your sister will graduate college only once...unless she's going for multiple degrees. I don't get his reluctance to take help at all...but perhaps the answer is to go without him. He can go camping with your brother in law instead.

He's being rather immature about it all.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:51 AM on May. 23, 2009