How can I let my boyfriend know?

How do i let my boyfriend know that even though i have a child, that i dont share with him, that my sons father will always be in the picture. and how do i tell my sons father that my boyfriend is in the picture now and that my son will look at my bpyfriend as a father figure. my sons father live in iowa and i am in florida i dont know how to tell these men that both will be involved no matter what. my sons father doesnt want my son to call my boyfriend daddy but hes the only man that he has known. please help dont know what to do.

Arizona-Mom

Asked by Arizona-Mom at 1:20 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• my current and ex dont have a problem with the situation. i know thats all they know as dad bu u need to make sure that they know who dad is and who step dad is. blake briefly called brian dad but told him he was step dad. its hard when they r little to explain these things tell them to grow up and be men a child can always use all of the extra love that can be given. some kids arent luckey enough to have 1 person who loves them let alone 3 or 4 ppl.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 2:07 AM on May. 23, 2009

• You need to explain to Son that he has Dad, and then he has XXXX (your SO). You need to explain to SO that you know he is there for the day to day stuff, but your son still has a Dad. And you respect that, and will not infringe on that. Then tell Dad that you know he is not comfortable with your SO, but that he is your son's only Dad, always will be, and you will do nothing to infringe on that or try and negate that, and neither will your SO.

Your son, whatever you may think, needs his father in his life. You may not like the guy, but he is DSs father. Your BF may be great, but no guarantee he is going to stick around. Don't confuse the kid because you have a new SO. It is - YOU have a new SO, DS still has and always will have the same Daddy. I think the fact you think your live in will replace him is shitty, and you need to work to preserve whatever relationship DS has with Dad, and not impose your SO as dad.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 2:26 AM on May. 23, 2009