• In the Spotlight:

HOW CAN I GET MY 4 MONTH SON OFF THE ARMS???

WHEN I PUT HIM DOWN HE STARTS TO CRY LIKE IF SOME KICK HIS ASS N HE TURNS RED N I DONT KNOW WAT TO DO SO I JUST PICK HIM UP WAT DO I DO??

DIAMOND19MAMA

Asked by DIAMOND19MAMA at 1:42 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Duct tape
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Stick with. I knew you would agree with me. All you need is duct tape and wall. That's the perfect babysitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Wow... just... wow....

As for the O.P... four months can be a very difficult age. Patience, and an extra set of arms can help. It will pass... by the time he's crawling he won't hardly want to be held at all... he'll be squirming to go be on his own lol.
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 5:05 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Four months was a very difficult age for me, too. They have figured out that you DO walk away. We just stuck it out, and when she was sitting independently at 6 months, all these problems went away. You have to remember that he is still a tiny baby and needs you! It can be hard when you feel like you have a barnacle baby. Try enlisting a friend / husband to help.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:40 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Pick the baby up. Babies have a NEED to be held just like they have a need to eat and breathe. Get yourself a sling, mai tei or best of all a moby wrap (you can make one super cheap).
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 7:40 AM on May. 23, 2009

• gotta love anons that suggest child abuse
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Get a SLING...best thing you cna spend your money on. Baby has figured out that you can leave him and he doesn't understand. So pick him up and take him with you, talk to him as you go about your day. They learn SO much more with Mommy carrying them around talking to them about what they are doing than sitting stationary in a seat by themselves.
    LeoneLover13

Answer by LeoneLover13 at 9:24 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I agree with the sling.
    rina16

Answer by rina16 at 9:48 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Oh yes, sling!!! Get a really good one, because some still feel like you've gotta hold the baby up. Once you have a good one, ( sorry I don't have any suggestions off the bat, but I am positive if you ask another question about recommended slings you'll find one in a heart beat), the baby will get the closeness he needs, and you'll have some free arms! :)) Oh, and if you look on craigslist too you might find a sling for much less money, same with second-hand stores (especially the ones that specialize in children's items) Hang in there, love! It'll get easier before you know it!!
    workathome01

Answer by workathome01 at 10:21 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Yup! A sling saved my life! Babies NEED their mommies.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:03 AM on May. 23, 2009