a biological fathers rights to a child he has had nothing to do with ...

I was foolish and ended up pregnant to a man who didnt want anything to do with the pregnancy and still hasnt made any contact and the baby is now over 3 months. Does anyone know if there is a time period that his rights get deminished. I ended up gettin married to my husband when i was 7 months pregnant with the baby. My husband signed the birth cert. So what would his rights be if he were to try to make contact is there any time period when his rights get deminished is what i really need to know....

hooten_annie

Asked by hooten_annie at 1:57 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on the state. i had to google it but i found useful info that way.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:00 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Yep, all depends on the state. Michigan is two years.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:01 AM on May. 23, 2009

• If your husband's name is on the birth certificate then he is considered the father. The only way that could change is if the Biological father asked the court to have a DNA test done. But i dont see why he would do that. If he did then he would have to pay child support.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 2:02 AM on May. 23, 2009