I'm 32 weeks and when I tell people how far along I am, their eyes widen because they are shocked at how small I am. I look about 6 months. Is this normal??

Kris10Elizabeth

Asked by Kris10Elizabeth at 2:06 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are eating healthy you may not gain that much weight. With my first son(who is now a man practically at 17 LOL) i gained 23 pounds and lost 29 after I had him. I was on a low carb diet due to the fact that I was "borderline gestational diabetes"..borderline???LOL) Anyway, I didn't look pregnant until I turned around LOL I always walked alot to classes at the college i attended to get the bus and to doc appts. I was in tip top shape when i delivered him. Best pregnancy of my life I have to say. lol

So don't be too concerned with other people's comments. Just because they ballooned(which I did with subsequent pregnancies...especially my twins) doesn't mean you have to as well.

Enjoy the fact you don't look the size of a house, and provided your doctor is comfortable with what little weight you do gain, I wouldn't worry about it. Bask in the glow of your pregnancy and the fact that you look and feel good too! :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:10 AM on May. 23, 2009

• That is how it was for me. At 32 weeks I had gained only 13 lbs. My son ended up not growing right due to a placental problem. It wasn't obvious until my 35 week appt. But if your doctor isn't concerned than you shouldn't be either. As long as your measurements are changing the way they should then you should be fine. I ended up going on bed rest for the last 5 weeks and gained a total of 20 lbs. My son was born full term weighed 5 lbs 4 oz. :-(
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:11 AM on May. 23, 2009

• If your going faithfully to a reputable O.B./G.Y.N. Doctor and Not missing any appointments, and taking your prenantal vitamins......doing everything your asked to do. Then you should be just fine. Some women just gain less than others, unless you are trying to not gain weight. I never gained much weight during my pregnancies and my babies were all healthy and happy.
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 2:15 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Not everyone gets a huge baby bump! My first born it didn't even look like I was pregnat until my last few months. And he ended up being almost 8lbs. Not sure where he was hiding lol
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 2:24 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I get the same thing STILL and i'm 37 weeks.

My doctor says my belly is measuring perfect.
    So i listen to her and not others.
    But I am flattered that i'm not looking "huge" to others.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 2:25 AM on May. 23, 2009