Are there any moms with older grown kids that need help or are seeking a friend with sinilar problems in any of these groups?

My kids are grown and I still have serious problems with especially one of them. I am looking for a group that has things in common with me and not just younger kids.
Any suggestions from Anyone for me? There may be yet another place that I belong and not this site. Don't know??
BJDJMAC@aol.com Please email me if you have any ideas....Thanks, Jeannie

mccar06

Asked by mccar06 at 2:17 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Hi, Jeannie here, BJDJMAC@aol.com. Feel free to email me personally. Actually your 19 year old daughter sadly, is of age to do what she wants. BUT, she can also support herself if she is untruthful and not live with you. That is very hard to do I know! Been there! I have one that lies and has since the same age. She is 38 now ,and playing more serious games and still lying too.
    Mine's age now has gotten to the dangerous stage; and manipulating three men at the same time! She is playing a dangerous game now! Actually you can actually KILL your self worrying about them and they will tell you what You want to hear sometimes and do exactly the opposite!
    They will continue to do the same things even if we are dead.
    We need desperately to think of our selves now and stop worrying about the kids that are grown. I am seperating myself from that particular daughter! I know I have been a good mother!! So, I did not fail HER, She did
    mccar06

Answer by mccar06 at 2:26 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I am in a great group here on cafemom and a lot of the ladies have older children. They are a drama free group and enforce it well, they do not tolerate name calling (we do tease in love) or bashing, and we have lots of fun. I have gotten some great advice and support from these ladies. PM if you like to know the name of the group.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 3:46 PM on May. 23, 2009

• There is a group for all age groups. Perhaps if you joined one by age you'd find other moms in similar situations. I happen to be lucky in so far as two of my three children don't speak to me so I'm loving it. I let them make their mistakes in life and I stay out of it. I focus on me now.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:44 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I have 3 grown children. I would love to fit in your group please write to me sometime. One of my children always gives me problems yet I do allways seem to solve them somehow.
    lsuluva50

Answer by lsuluva50 at 10:00 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i have 3 boyes 18 18 and 21 that all 3 of them are going thure things
    starsis68

Answer by starsis68 at 1:07 AM on May. 28, 2009

• It seems the more you try to help or give her advice, or tell her what she is doing wrong, the further you can push her away. At that age they won't listen to you. It will drive you nuts and stress you out worrying and it doesn't bother her. I hope it all works out and things change for the better sooner than later. Many mothers feel like it was their fault, but it's not, they are adults parents raised them with morals respect and the difference between right and wrong and they make their own decisions that they will have to live with and learn from them. No matter what age a mother always wants to be their and protect their child.
    cga

Answer by cga at 10:41 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Hi I have older children and things are never easy. Please feel free to email me at lisairv@netzero.net and we can talk about our children.
    lisarob

Answer by lisarob at 8:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2010