Has anyone had ...?

Has anyone had or anyone you know had a membrane sweep before their due date (but when they were full term) and have it actually work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine worked!!!!! i went into labor the next day but i was 38 weeks so still considered full term
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 2:36 AM on May. 23, 2009

• How soon did yours work?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on May. 23, 2009

• i had it done that night and they told me to come back in the morn and i was haveing labor pains all night so either way i was going into the labor the next day ;)
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 3:03 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Were they going to do another one in the morning if it didn't work?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on May. 23, 2009

• they can only do it once....they were going to induce me of it didnt work cause i wanted the baby out so bad ;)
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 3:27 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I know the feeling.
    I'm supposed to get one next week (when I'm 38 weeks)
    But they wont induce till AFTER my due date
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on May. 23, 2009

• my dr told me that a bby born at 38wks is perfect i think i picked the right dr for around here lol good luck mama
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 3:51 AM on May. 23, 2009

• i had to have that done to me.i was 40 weeks and 1 days and got it done and the same day i was at the hospital
    s.bryant

Answer by s.bryant at 10:08 AM on May. 23, 2009

• It CAN be done more than once. It takes some women getting it done 3-4 times before it's effective but for many women it works on the first try.

My friend was told she was going to have to be induced because of high blood pressure. She was terrified of being induced because of a bad experience with her first induction so she asked the doctor if she could sweep her membranes and give her a day to think about it. The doctor agreed because her blood pressure was elevated but not at stroke level.

The doctor did it in the office about 9am. She was contracting by 1pm that same day. She had her baby at 1am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 23, 2009