Why do people intentionally hurt each other??

Regardless of your religious beliefs, or no religious beliefs....I cannot fathom why so many people can be so hateful.

We are all brothers and sisters on this big blue planet. No matter who your God or Goddess is, we share the same home. Yet, it seems some people want to bash others for their lifestyles, for their lack of financial gain(or recent financial loss), for their skin color or whether they breast or bottle feed. Is life so invaluable to some of you that you find it better to sleep at night when you attack someone simply because they don't do/believe like you?

Tomorrow is not a given, today is what you make of it. So I have to ask another question here, "Why not practice love and acceptance vs. hate and condemnation? My religious beliefs are "harm none with words or actions", is that not also love one another as i have loved you?

I just shake my head and pray that we can ALL find some common ground.

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 2:55 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wish that could happen. But there are things in religions, that I can not agree with..
    ex. preaching about love, and honoring thy neighbor... yet I see such hatred toward people like homosexuals.. or people that worship another God/ess or none at all. etc...
    although I know a majority of the problems like this, stem from extremists, rather than a majority of individual followers, it's still things like this, that keep religions and beliefs separated, rather than joining together and just respecting on another. (among other things, like politics, etc)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:03 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I totally agree with you sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
    Bless you!
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 2:57 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Bwahahahahahahaha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on May. 23, 2009

• now now come on you have to admit some of the anon post are very entertaining.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Firsttimemommy blessings to you too! :)

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:06 AM on May. 23, 2009

• (giggle) @ anon:04
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:08 AM on May. 23, 2009

• AMEN TO THAT!

Answer by older at 9:24 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Why do people hurt each other? Lots of reasons really; jealousy, fear, bad mood, etc. Specifically on these boards? For some I think it is just boredom, they think it will be funny to watch someone get offended, hurt & mad. For others, they feel threatened by the beliefs of some posters, or for some they are lashing out because of a recent insult (irl or on the boards).

"Why not practice love and acceptance vs. hate and condemnation? My religious beliefs are "harm none with words or actions", is that not also love one another as i have loved you?
    That is a nice ideal & intelligent dialogue would always be the nicest thing to see between religions, but frankly not all people are capable of it.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 9:56 AM on May. 23, 2009

• i live by the "rule"..love your friends and family, tolerate every one else...but i have never once been rude/mean to someone on here intentionally. :) and most people would think i was mean because of my religion (satanism)

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:15 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Stupidity, ignorance, intolerance, no knowledge of the other person's beliefs, jealousy, insecurities, you name it,there is a reason for them hurting each other. I could go on ad nauseum,but you get the idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 23, 2009