Do you work and help pay the bills?

I have noticed that there are alot of mom on here that do not work. I personally would not want to stay home and not work. I work 40 hours a week, I just don't understand not wanting to work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am old school and feel that the mother should stay home with the kids, have dinner ready for hubby when he gets home and have the house clean. I sell stuff on ebay to help alittle. i am going to look for a pt job in july, to help more now that my son is 13m. i love staying at home with my son.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:17 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Well, after tomorrow I will be a SAHM again and I couldn't be happier. I also have the option of going back to my (soon )former employer as I was valued where I worked. So not wanting to work was a choice I made because my children need me here. Their dad is a very good dad, a fun dad, however, the kids behavior since I have been working has gone to the dogs so to speak. They need routine and discipline, something dad just doesn't have patience for. He is the "fun parent" and although the kids and I have fun together I am the one who makes them do what is asked of them(or told).

My twins start K in the fall. They will no longer be my "babies" but school-aged. Scary reality check. Not going to waste their last non-school summer working. I still have a "side" job which is just fun money for me(50-100 bucks here and there) so I won't be totally broke.

Any money I made he never wanted for bills. I offered to pay too.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:18 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I'm sorry, but have you tried staying home with a 4 year old, 15 month old, and a 2 month old. It is work. It's cheaper for me to stay home and take care of the kids, than it would be for me to be working and paying someone else to take care of my kids.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:20 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I really don't get the logic in this question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I think that many women like to say that it is work, honestly it is lame. I stayed home with the girls 3y and 6 months. It is monotonous. Same thing day in and day out. It is easy to stay at home. Many women want that.
    blueyedbadass

Answer by blueyedbadass at 3:36 AM on May. 23, 2009

• moms rock

Dmajsmommy9396

Answer by Dmajsmommy9396 at 3:39 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I do work. Taking care of 5 kids is work. If I didn't stay home we would have to put them in daycare. That money goes to bills. I would love to not work.  I don't get days off, I don't get vacation days, I don't even get to clock out. Hell I even work when we go on vacation, just not as hard. As for the same thing day in and day out comment. It's only that way if you want it to be. You could always get off your ass and go do something else with the kids besides watch tv. Sitting in an office all day every day doing the same damn paper work over and over is monotonous and easy. I could sit on my ass 9 to 5 and not have to clean or cook, chase toddlers, or change diapers. But I would be board out of my freaking mind.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 3:56 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I work .Thats my preference .But as a former SAHM I can definitly respect all that you do in a days time .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Blueeyedbadass, someone should slap you! I am a SAHM and IT IS work. It's not easy. How dare you speak for everyone just b/c your homelife was boring as hell!! Get over yourself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on May. 23, 2009

• im a single mom, so i HAVE to work to pay the bills..but trust me, if i had the choice to stay home, i would..im waiting to win the lotto...lol..you dont get how people dont wanna work..i dont get why they would want to, if they didnt have to...i love my job..but..i hate working..i would much rather know that i could stay at home and be with my daughter 24/7
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:21 AM on May. 23, 2009