Why are kids so immature?

I swear ever since I got pregnant, graduated early, and changed friends everyone has either grown extremely immature or something.
Maybe it's something else, but I don't get why they can't just get over the fact that I've moved on with my life and leave me alone.

Two boys that I kind of used to be friends with ding dong ditched my house tonight, and hid behind my moms car that was parked on the street next to our house. My mom was outside looking for whoever did it, and I was upstairs looking out the window saw them, ran outside. blah blah, called the cops because i'm tired of this happening so often.

I never backstab anyone, or fuck anyone over. So why are all these kids like ganging up on me? I don't get it! (girls and boys) They talk shit, they harass me. What has this world come to?

CamiiiCompasion

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 4:24 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good Luck with that and I'm sorry that you have to go through this. It takes a while for some people to grow up. You were just forced to b/c life happened a little earlier for you. Everything will be fine eventually. Pray for them and move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I don't talk to sooo many of my old friends because I now see how dumb of life choices I used to make.
    And i don't approve of them still doing them, so I just separate myself from them. They prank call me, they ding dong ditch me. They say horrible things, saying I'm going to sell my daughter for drugs.

But what they don't realize is I'm like a whole new person. Nobody seems to believe that I really HAVE changed. I never want to go back down that path I went on last year.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 4:36 AM on May. 23, 2009

• You must have had a bad reputation before you got pregnant and that is why they can't believe you grew up in a sense. It will go away soon enough and you will be busy with your baby. Be careful though. You might have some mean girl from your past try to do something to you because you have changed and found new friends. Especially if they are on drugs and I watch the news too much to let anything pass my mind.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:43 AM on May. 23, 2009

• They probably do see that you have changed but they want to drag you back down to their level so they act as if they don't see it. If they can make you believe that you don't seem like you've changed to them, then they may be able to make you believe that you really haven't changed even though you know that you have. Don't worry about what they think or say. Misery loves company so if they can bring you back down they will and you will only have yourself to blame. Stay on the right path and stay proud of yourself. In time, they will see that you mean business and they will give up on you and move on to someone else. Consider yourself lucky that you've learned such a valuable lesson at such a young age. Some people don't get until very late in life and those are the sad ones yet still some never get it. Count your blessings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I didn't even have a bad rep until now. Because they got mad i didn't want to be friends with kids who did drugs because i wanted to change. Nobody knew i did anything except my friends.
    But when they got mad, they made up all this shit and gave me a horrible rep. Not that many people believed it because they're all stupid though.

CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 4:51 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Your friends have not had to grow up as fast as you have, that does play a very large part of this behavior. I don't know how old you are but I would assume that you are a teen mom, this explains why your ex friends are acting like teens. You are the outcast because you are what they are afraid will happen to them, this sounds mean but this is more then likely their mind set. I remember when I was in high school there was a freshman that was preganant, it was not accepted then to be a pregnant teen so my classmates made her life miserable and she quit school. I am sure things have not changed that much since then, you will face many challanges now that you have had to grow up quickly. Keep your head up and do your best and in time your ex friends will see that you are not the same person that you once was.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:54 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Yeah I'll be 18 in 10 days. So I'm pretty young.

Just the fact that some people i used to be friends with that i'm not allowed to see anymore because my parents know they were the ones who got me into drinking a year or more ago.
    And they just say such mean things, and i haven't even done anything.
    Some of them are like 19-20 too.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 4:58 AM on May. 23, 2009

• In time, you won't even care about them and their mess. High school games don't last long. Trust me, I know. It wasn't that long ago for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on May. 23, 2009

• LOL you will be 18 a few days before I will be 36. So I have a few years on ya :)
    I am sure they are hurting your feelings by saying the things they are saying. And being that they were supposed to be your friends makes it worse. But you parents made the right choice, they have your best interest at heart. It will take time for you ex friends to realize that you are not the same person and that you have moved on with your life. By the way, I'm proud of ya, I remember peer pressure at your age, and I am sure being a mommy is even more pressure at your age. It will get better, talk to your parents about what is going on, you need their support right now.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:08 AM on May. 23, 2009

• It is slowly going away, so I'm sure you're right.
    I just can't believe that I used to be friends with people like that.
    I mean it's just shocking to me.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 5:09 AM on May. 23, 2009