Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


My daughter will be starting kindergarten in the fall... but I dont know what I need to do to get her all signed up! What do I need to have? This may sound stupid but Im new at this stuff! Please help!
Thanks so much!!!


Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 8:07 AM on May. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 10 (434 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • birth certificate
    social security card
    shot records
    proof of residency

    Answer by SweetKYmom at 8:13 AM on May. 23, 2009

  • check with the school also, they will tell you everything you need

    Answer by kscmbz at 8:21 AM on May. 23, 2009

  • YOUR Driver's License, Child's Birth Certificate, Social Security Card (actual not photocopied), Immunization records (your pediatrician can print out a single page record), Proof of residency (mortgage bill, lease agreement, and TWO utility bills--water, electric, telephone), Guardianship papers (if not married or divorced). The guardianship papers are needed because OFTEN unmarried parents living in a "desirable" school district will claim residency in that district so their children can attend those schools--that's illegal.

    You will then need to call your school district's administration building or local school office if you're sure your child would go there, and make an appointment to meet with the school registrar--your child will need to accompany you (just one parent is all that is necessary).

    Some districts conduct evaluations with a school nurse, psychologist and/or a readiness skills evaluator as well.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 8:28 AM on May. 23, 2009

  • When you go to the school, they should give you a list of what you need. Our district requires, their BC, their ss card, immunization record ( or exemption letter), TWO proofs of residency that have your name on them and the address, and ID for you. Thats about it. Make sure you have all your emergency phone numbers handy. They need that.

    Answer by momofsaee at 9:36 AM on May. 23, 2009

  • I depends on where you live. I'd call you school district and ask them. At the very least they would ask for the Immunization, Birth Certificate, and at least one Proof of residency.
    You could prob. check on-line in your area as well.

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:16 AM on May. 23, 2009

  • you can also check on the school's website, that is how i got all the info to sign up my dd.

    Answer by Miava at 10:55 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • All we needed was birth certificate, utility bill for proof of residency, immunization record or the opt out for imunizations filled out by aDr, and a ton of paper woirk they will have you fill out when you go in. Call the district office to find out your boundaries if you dont know already which school to go to, and the offices are usually open a few days after school is out if you want to do it now, and about a week early before school starts for enrollment.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 24, 2009