Trouble in school?

Does anyone have a kid that gets into trouble in school but not at home esp with another kids who get into trouble following bad behaviors? My 10 yo dd has on the bus and in school. Why do kids do it, just for the thrill of it all or to defy authority or what? If you do how do you handle the discipline?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on May. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son is 15 now. from the age of 11-14. he was getting into fights at school. he got suspended 5 times and axspelled 2. just him hanging with the wrong crowd. then i let my son 14 go to his friends with his cousin 15. my son left his bb gun at his friends house, and his cousin got it and shot a 22 yr old sex offender that had come over to his friends house. even thou my son didn't shoot him him and his cousin both got charged with assult with a dangerous weapon. they had to spen 2 months in juvy, and got a yr probation. my son is now homeschooled and goes nowhere, but to my friends house where he rides his dirt bike. i discipline him by taking stuff away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Talk to him and find out why HE thinks this is happening. Is there something going on at school that is not happening at home? Is there some other kids bothering him and he is standing up for himself? Is he falling to peer pressure to act cool? Take him to lunch just the two of you and talk to him about why HE THINKS this is happening....he will probably tell you. Set up clear consequences and stick to them Here are some discipline books which you might helpful http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html   Click on the discipline section.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 10:02 AM on May. 23, 2009