would you/have you ever been a surrogate mother?

Im only 19 right now so I cant but I would love to someday be a surrogate mother but I want to start doing my research now. Has anyone been a surrogate? Any advice? Anything i should know before i start this?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 9:05 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I couldn't do it! I'd get too attatched to the baby in my tummy! But that is such a nice thing for you to want to do for someone!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:07 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I couldn't do it. After 9 months of that baby in me, there's no way I could ever give him/her up. I wish I could but, it just wouldn't work for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I think if I did that it would have to be for someone I love. I saw an episode of TLC's Baby Story where a woman did it TWICE for her brother and his partner. Being gay they obviously needed a surrogate. They used her DNA with the brother's partner's DNA so that it would be a part of both of them. It's an amazing thing to do for someone. So I guess if down the road it turns out that my brother or my brother in-law can't conceive, and they wanted me to do it, I'd carry a child for one of them. Or if my BFF finds out that she can't (she already knows she has a probable issue) then I would do it for her too. I can't see myself just doing it for a stranger though.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:16 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Beckcorc, that lady was my son's kindergarten bus driver 6 years ago. If it's the same one I saw. she has short curly brown hair. right??
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:24 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Yeah she did! ANd they gave her a trip to Spain as a thank you. That's neat! She seemed like a really sweet and compassionate woman.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:30 AM on May. 23, 2009

• it is a very sweet and selfless thing to do!!! that is the ultimate gift to someone that cannot have children. BUT, I would never be able to do that...like other posters said i get wayyyyyy toooo attached to them before they are even here! good luck on whatever you decide to do!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 9:45 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I wanted to. I even contacted an agency...but they told me I would be "hard to match" because of my views on abortion (Pro life) . They basically said people pay that much they want a healthy baby.

So in that situation it not "my body, my uterus" it's about parents wanting what they want :)
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 9:52 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't be able to do it for a stranger but if my brothers or BIL could nt have a child then yes i would do it.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 9:55 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I think after having your first child, you might find it hard to give them away. There is this enormous rush of love once you deliver. So, I would love to help anyone in my family or my close friends, if the situation arose, but I couldn't do that sacrifice for a complete stranger.
    lilmommy0416

Answer by lilmommy0416 at 10:01 AM on May. 23, 2009

• If I could, I would because as a mom I know it is the greatest part of life. I am so fortunate; we found a surrogate but she was actually a "gestational host" We did IVF 9 times and I conceived, finally on the 9th try. I had triplets. I was preg with quads but one was lost early , no miscarriage, just the vanishing twin. It is strange and I do not fully understand, but we had four heart beats and then we did not. The dr. said one embryo was reabsorbed.?? I gave birth to triplets after a very high risk, dangerous pregnancy. I was in the hospital from 15 weeks until I gave birth @ 23.5 weeks. Two of my girls died within their first year of life. I was very sick after the delivery and emergency hysterectomy. We were so lucky & blessed to find a wonderful young girl through a surrogate agency. The difference with us ; they inserted my already fertilized embryos into the surrogate. I admire you for wanting to give such a gift

Text2UrTween

Answer by Text2UrTween at 10:13 AM on May. 23, 2009