Having another baby... we'll have 2 under 2. How am I suppose to take care of this many animals with two babies?? HELP!

We have 4 cats and one dog and just found out we are expecing out second baby. When this one is born we will have two kids under two years old. There is no way I can take care of all of those cats!
Does anyone live near Talladega Alabama who wants a cat? Sigh... this is deffinatly stressing me out! They are really sweet cats!! You would love them!

mrsbvader

Asked by mrsbvader at 10:07 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Pets

• i would love them but oh goodness would i be in trouble with DH, I live in Huntsville...a bit far away. We have two adult cats and are considering having another child. I would post an ad in the paper down there too. Tell all neighbors and friends to ask around for anyone that is looking for cats. They are wonderful animals and anon omg, just dont even reply ok? goodness. hope you find a great home for your furbabies :)
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 1:12 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Cats are easy to take care of, there's no reason why you can't keep them. You shouldn't have gotten them if you knew you couldn't care for them. People always make things seem harder than what they really are.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:11 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Sorry can't take one off your hands...But cat's are fairly easy to take care of I think... You just have to poor some food in a bowel and some water in a bowel..If you have litter boxes,, make your DH/SO do it ...

Answer by louise2 at 10:12 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Like the previous poster said cats are pretty easy to take care of. Why would it make it tougher with another child? I'm just wondering what your reasons are and then someone might be able to give you some suggestions on how you can keep all your cats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I love cats, but no I do not live near you. Just take it one day at a time, and have hubby clean the boxes! LOL Congrats on your baby! God bless
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:17 AM on May. 23, 2009

• They aren't easy. They get into EVERYTHING becuase cats are curious. With that many cats they are always knocking things over and chasing each other through the house. Which was fine before we had kids but now they end up knocking the baby over and scratching her! They are elso expensive! Which was also fine in the past but now with 2 kids we are going to need that money for them. When we got them we COULD take care of them.. I do not take getting pets lightly. But life happens, and now its just not the same as when we got them. We didn't have kids when we got them and how were we suppose to know that we would end up with 2 kids only a little while after we got them?? Im sorry but you have no right to judge my situation. If I can't handle it anymore then I can't handle it anymore... If you could then good for you, but I am not you.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 10:18 AM on May. 23, 2009

• oh and they are all VERY loving cats and I know that I'm not going to have time to give them the attention that they want and need.
    mrsbvader

• it sounds like you have bad cats, so why would you trick someone into taking them, by saying how wonderful they are. Get the squirt bottle out and start teaching them how to behave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on May. 23, 2009

• You sound like a whinny person, stop the whining and take care of your responcibility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on May. 23, 2009

• wow why are so many of you being such bitches to her?? At least she is owning up and saying she can't handle it... thats better than keeping them knowing that she can't take care of them anymore. And if they are like my cats they are only "bad cats" when they are together. They get hyper around each other. If they are loving cats like she says then they are probably calm individually... but either way ya'll have no reason to be jumping down her throat. You don't know her or her situation. Seriously people are so rude on here!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 23, 2009