How can i get my child to sleep through the night???

destiny is 6 months old and still not sleeping through the night.....

destinyfaithmom

Asked by destinyfaithmom at 10:42 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she have periods of sleep that last about 4-6 hours? That is sleeping through the night. There is nothing you can do but set a good bedtime routine and stick with it. When she wakes up at night do not turn lights on and do not talk, stimulate her at little as possible to help her fall back to sleep.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:45 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Some babies don't sleep through until 1 year and a half to two years. What we do is set a bedtime routine and keep his room very dark. If it's bath night, we'll give him a bath. Then I'll feed him oatmeal. THen we put his PJ's on and feed him his bottle. He usually gets 6oz in his formula and we mix another 4oz of formula in with his oatmeal so he eats really good before bed. Then I put him in his pack and play if he's still up and I have him play in there for a half an hour. If he's still wide awake, we just put him in his bed and he'll fall asleep within a half hour. He usually just babbles during that time.
    Maybe the first time your daughter wakes up in the middle of the night, go in and just rub her back a little bit and don't say anything and leave. If she cries, let her cry for a bit, it won't hurt. She may fall asleep on her own. If she's hungry, though, there's not much you can really do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 23, 2009

• My son sleeps through the night - for the most part. Many nights, he wakes up just once. Teething, travel & ear infections throw everything off! Like the PP, stick to a consistent bedtime routine. We do bath, bottle, read a few books, then bed after I rock him for about 5 minutes. Don't rush in to soothe/feed your baby at every cry, give her a few minutes to try and get back to sleep.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:39 PM on May. 23, 2009

• What is your daughter's daytime routine right now? I'm sure that I can help you.
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:14 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Have her sleep during the day less. A warm bottle of milk before bed helps and last but not last turn on the musical moble you might have over the babies crib. Thats soothing to them..
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 2:58 PM on May. 23, 2009

• My daughter was 8 months old before she slept six solid hours

Answer by rkoloms at 6:59 PM on May. 23, 2009

• What does she do when she wakes up in the middle of the night? Is she waking up for food? My daughter started sleeping through the night at 4 months. If it wasn't for the doctor telling me not to feed her when she wakes up in the middle of the night because she's waking up out of habit and she should be able to sleep through the night without eating. She probably wouldn't be sleeping through the night right now. It took to nights for her to realize there's no food to wake up for before she started sleeping through the night. She now sleeps 10-12hrs at night.

Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 8:03 PM on May. 23, 2009