How could people be so inresponsible

Yesterday DH and I were on our way to get something to eat for dinner, down the street from me my DH was like oh my God look. So I looked over there was a little boy that was like 2 years possibly 3 years old on top of a house roof walking down it and 2 dogs were on the roof with him so I told hubby he need to use his cell and call someone. We turned around and so did like 4 other cars. One of them did end up calling the police cause the police were down there. The cop knows that house though they had calls before about this child and they had the windows open where he probably climbed out of and they did not have any screens in the windows. How could people be so inresponsible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• parents these days sad to say that is not uncomon anymore . peopel jsut dotn seem to care what their children are doign anymore
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:22 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Parents like that do not care! So sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 23, 2009

• omg my aunt was like that with her kids. she had a little boy and girl about 2 maybe 3 years apart. and they left the bedroom window open the kids went on the roof and the little boy pushed her off the roof! the little boy is crazy though, hes nuts....really nuts. hes on all kindsa meds cause hes that insane. people dont care at all. i know its my aunt but come on they were two little kids what little kid doesnt like exploring? shame on all parents who dont care enough to make sure that window is shut and locked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 23, 2009

• If it is repeat, then yes, they are careless. But I have to admit, when my middle kids were 4 years old, they figured out how to open a window lock & took their 3 y/o sister out on the second floor roof with them. They had seen their Dad on the roof doing Christmas decorations & thought it was cool. Sometimes kids do things that you would never imagine they could do & faster than you would think is possible. Of course, my kids never did it again but still, sometimes things happen even to sweet kids of good parents. You can't always judge by one experience. I'm sure a lot of moms have at least one moment that they would like to pretend never happened--a meltdown in a store or food thrown in a restaurant or their kid darting into the street. It doesn't make you a bad mom, it means you & your kids are human.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:46 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I saw a little 4 year old walking down a busy street with a puppy one morning and wondered how on earth someone could let that happen. Then one day my 2 year old figured out how to open the front door and she snuck outside. She didn't leave the porch, just knocked on the door for us to let her back in. We made sure she couldn't do it again, but I never judge someone's "responsibility" by something like that. Now, if it truly were a repeat occurrence, like you said - that is irresponsible. The first time they got out of a window, there should have been screens and locks installed.

Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:26 PM on May. 23, 2009

• its very sad.. I hope the police contacted CPS for that poor kid..
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:34 PM on May. 23, 2009

• A couple of nails to make sure the windows only open so far would be a quick fix if the parents happen to be between paychecks and can't get screens and locks that day. There is always something you can do to make sure your kids are safe. If they are repeat offenders, CPS may need to step in. But if it was a one-time thing, well, kids do wierd stuff.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:21 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Brains and common sense are not required for parents. Today was a beatiful day, and I went outside to do yard work. There were tons of little kids playing, unsupervised. I yelled at two for playing in the street. Parents either don't know or can't comprehend that a stranger only needs 20 seconds to snatch a child.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 PM on May. 23, 2009

• this couple that had the baby and 2 dogs on the roof even after the cops came they still have those windows open upstairs with no screens in them.
    Anonymous