spinoff from another question...

In another category someone wondered if christians ever thought about which was worse "Dying before you have a central nervous system and can really feel pain, or being beaten and tortured to death and left out in the cold".... great point, it really is, and the answer is a no brainer. But..... abortion is LEGAL all over now, and yet child abuse is still at an ALL TIME high.. infact, its sky rocketed ever since roe vs. wade. So isnt that argument kinda well... wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, because those people that abuse kids probably didn't consider abortion when they got pg. I get what you are saying, but your theory is flawed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Abuse is just reported more often now. Back in the day abuse wasn't as talked about and adults didn't often listen to kids that said that their parents beat them. It was assumed that they must have deserved it and the abused child was sent right back home for another beating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I think the question is misleading because one has nothing to do with another. Sure, I'd rather die a painless death than a painful death, but I'd rather not be deliberately killed at all! And why is it assumed that if a woman does not have an abortion she will abuse and neglect her child? And furthermore, why would that be used as an excuse to kill her child? We can bring a lot into this debate, but the bottom line for me is: Is it a child? Is abortion the deliberate killing of a child? I say yes to both questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 23, 2009

• "Dying before you have a central nervous system and can really feel pain, or being beaten and tortured to death

Here's another question for the "chrsistians" with this question, WHY is abortion not OK but TORTURE of human beings is?? Alot (NOT ALL) of the "christian right" are totally OK with torturing SUSPECTED terrorists, even though they were NOT convicted. The last admin. only convicted 3 Gitmo prisoners of of anything and released hundreds...so INNOCENT people were tortured...and your OK with that??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:25 PM on May. 23, 2009

• The fact is they should be on equal footing and they aren't because some didn't think abortion was important enough or wrong enough and enough people agreed or the atmosphere was right for that person to further their agenda. All ideas start with 1 person and grow from there. Just like when H Paulson said we have to save these 2 big 2 fail banks or the world will collapse. He didn't have proof of that but he said it and enough people agreed with him, through fear most likely because ther was no proof(we still will never know). This is how laws get made, it's how things happen. With Gitmo, a few bad apples made someone upset and they started the (they are being abused and it''s a horrible place bit that picked up steam by the idiots in the media. Nothing more than the 1 incident has been proven and these prisoners are treated better than our own. thats just how it works.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:03 PM on May. 23, 2009

• "Here's another question for the "chrsistians" with this question, WHY is abortion not OK but TORTURE of human beings is??"

I am a Christian, and I will say that I am pro life and pro-national secturity. Yes I support the interrogation practices that have lately come under scrutiny. And I will tell you why I support what you call torture. I love my innocent children, and I believe they have the right to live free of terrorism. One of the terrorists who was waterboarded, confessed knowledged during that procedure that thwarted a planned attack for LAX. I live in the LA area. I just traveled through that airport last week. Do I want to blow up? no. Would I rather one man be waterboarded and hundreds if not thousands of lives saved? yes.

They do the same type of torture drill on our own soldiers. My friend volunteered for it. Subjecting a guilty person to temporary pain, to save lives has nothing to do with abortion.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:25 PM on May. 23, 2009

• "Dying before you have a central nervous system and can really feel pain, or being beaten and tortured to death and left out in the cold"....

You want the cold hard truth? I think personally that it is a loaded question and many things could be worse. I would have personally elected either of the previously mentioned examples of death if given a choice over being raped mercilessly for 13 years of my life by my father and being left to live with the shambles of my inner core for the rest of my mortal days. But that's just my thinking.
    Anonymous

• The reason why child abuse is at an all time high, despite abortion is because the world is getting worse and worse all the time. We are living in the days of Noah, and people are increasing in evil.

God's judgment is coming on all these things.
    Anonymous

• Is the point of your question that people that get abortions are child abusers? I mean if you allow women to have abortions you think abuse rates will decline? "Let me get an abortion or else I will beat the crap out my kid."

I don't think this is true.
    Anonymous