Teething/Food

ok my daughter is 6 months old and she is getting her 2nd tooth is it too early for table food....she is acting like the purres are to runny???? so what do i do?????

destinyfaithmom

Asked by destinyfaithmom at 11:14 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just give her a little thicker food. My daughter only has 2 teeth but is 9 mo. old and she eats whole green beans, cooked carrots. I just leave them whole and she picks them up and eats them like a cheeto. You can also give her some of the gerber snacks the yogurt drops and other little puff snacks, they make them so they dissolve really easy with all the saliva. Just watch her to make sure she eats things ok and keep experimenting. It's kinda fun to see all the different faces they make!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 12:38 PM on May. 23, 2009

• To: Slynnb ,im not trying to insult you but its dengerous to give babies big pices of food...
    instead try baby safe feeder
    Available in babies r us or online at onestepahead.com
    Anonymous

• http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6356&parentCategoryId=85181&categoryId=85181
    Anonymous

• The mesh feeders are nice, but they can get messy and sometimes hard to fully clean.

She might be a little too young to eat actual pieces of food, but if she seems to be a good chewer than you can try things like pieces of bananas and other soft things. I believe it was about at 6 months when my dd started eating Gerber Puffs. If she doesn't seem ready to handle food like that then just add a little cereal to pureed fruits and veggies to make them a little thicker. My dd loves cereal in her pureed foods.

When you try something new just watch carefully to see if she can handle it well, every baby is going to react different and different ages. If she seems to have a hard time and gags a lot she probably isn't ready.

Good Luck!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 2:45 PM on May. 23, 2009