nightmares?

Is true that around 8 to 9 months old..babies start having nightmares sometimes? My little one is 9 months old, and since last week he is waking up crying and yelling, around 4 or 5 a.m.....is that normal? when i pick him up or put his pacifier, he stopped...so is that normal? how long will it take to come back to sleep through the night?thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No ' they wake up that way because their bellies hurts . they either need burping or they have gas. I mean besides the obvious reasons they need a diaper change or they are hungry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I was told by a Dr. that around 1 year ( a little before or after even) baby's will have nightmares or nightterrors. It's terrible for the parents, but actually a good sign that your little one's brain is developing right and thier imagination is going full gear.

Sad, because they will wake up scared, but it happens none the less. Be happy your LO stops crying when picked up or given the paci.

My little guy has night terrors and he seems awake but isn't. He screams and crys and thrashes and won't actually wake up! It's few times he's gone a long time. Once the only thing I could think of was to get him in the warm bath and maybe that would wake him up and relx him. So at 2 am. I was hopping into the tub with him having his night terror. He cried for just a minute more while in the water than relaxed against me. He then opened his eyes and said "hi guy!" happy as could be! WEIRD!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:09 PM on May. 23, 2009

• No, I think they just have a stomache ache . or have gas' mabe try burping the baby againor the baby might have collic. or he or she is teething'that always interrupts their sleep. besides the obvious a wet diaper or hungry or just cant seem to fall asleep and wants to. or maybe their sick and running a fever. I never heard that babies dream.
    Anonymous