14 Month old interested in potty?

My daughter has suddenly taken a huge interest in the toilet...like I have to fend her off when I'm going. Its a little TMI, but she tries to see what is going on and she closes the lid when I'm done and flushes. I didn't teach her this! If she were older, I would totally think she was ready to potty train. She is a very bright baby (I can give her compound orders and she'll follow them), but it seems like she's just a little young for this. After thinking about it, my biggest worry was her getting her underwear down, but I guess she could let us know and we could help her. Should we get her a little potty and try it or continue to wait? Is this normal?

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 11:38 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• muh DD is 14 months is is already doing that tooo!!!!!
    i think what im gonna do is wait a couple more wks n go ahead n get her a potty.
    but i let her participate in flushing n stuff like that to kinda get her used to it
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 12:37 PM on May. 23, 2009