Kodak Easy Share.

I have a Kodak easy share the C813 version, and I have never unloaded the pics on my computer. I usually just take it it walgreens and have them all copied to a CD then erase them of my camera. But I want to put them on my desktop in a folder or whatever, but I cant figure it out. Usually with my old camera or my moms we just plug it in using the usb cord and a window pops up and says "what would you like to do put pics in a folder scan them blah blah." But no window poped up when I first turned on my camera after it was plugged in to the computer. SO I went to "my computer" so make sure it was connected and registered and yep its there. So I click on it there, and click, "get pictures from Camera" and it says no pictures are there because there is nothing on my camera, which there is I just checked. So then I opened up Kodak easyShare software I loaded on my computer when I first got it and I dont see the option to get pic

meghan925

Asked by meghan925 at 11:40 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

Level 1 (-25 Credits)
  • and I dont see the option to get pics, off my camera onto my computer, I can only edit pics I already have. I need HELP please? How can I get these pics on my computer. Im using the right usb, is there an easier way? Thanks
    meghan925

Answer by meghan925 at 11:41 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Easy share software sucks- I have a Kodak M863. I love the camera, but hate the software. Make sure the software is fully running and you have the icon is in the taskbar (lower right hand side of screen) THEN plug the camera in and wait for the software to recognize it. If it still doesn't, right click on the icon and click the transfer now button. That should do it. If you're still having issues, their cust. service is pretty good. Good luck!

dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 11:58 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I have a Kodak Easy Share C613. First I had hell, downloading the program for Kodak.. lol Then I had to download the updates for the program.. This maybe a whole different deal. I don't know.. But when I get ready to download my pics, i have to have my camera ON when I plug it into the computer.. Then a screen will come up asking if i want to transfer the photos.. You will have to pick which option.. Then it should automatically start to download the pics.. I hope this helps you... Good luck..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 12:08 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I have it but I didn't DL the software. You can just put in your CD and save it to your pics folder.

Anonymous

• http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1011

If no one's suggestions have worked, then you could try going here to the kodak forum on dpreview.com and ask the people there. They may know if there is some kind of problem with that particular model or something. Also, it would be a great site to add to your favorites for future reference.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:21 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Ive had this software in different versions for the last few years and I agree it SUCKS! If you contact Kodak they will tell you how to fix it. You will probably go back and forth through emails. Sometimes the software is corrupt. If you are using a memory card it may be the card, Ive had this happen as well.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 2:21 PM on May. 24, 2009

• You could get a card reader. They are pretty cheap and you can just take your card out of your camera and put it into the reader. I have the same camera and I have not had any problems but I also have the dock so I usually put it on there and download the pics. I hope that helps
    tinaandavasmom

Answer by tinaandavasmom at 2:51 PM on May. 25, 2009