In SNAP out Food Stamps?

As of Oct. 1, 2008, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the new name for the federal Food Stamp Program. The new name reflects the changes we’ve made to meet the needs of our clients, including a focus on nutrition and an increase in benefit amounts. SNAP is the federal name for the program. State programs may have different names.

Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) is an electronic system that allows a recipient to authorize transfer of their government benefits from a Federal account to a retailer account to pay for products received. EBT is used in all 50 States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Guam. EBT has been implemented in all States since June of 2004

What do you think no more junk food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If you're asking if the government has changed the program to not include buying junk food, I would say "No". However, it seems like they're trying to stress the importance of eating and buying healthy foods...and kudos to them!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:10 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I think SNAP sounds much better.
    Anonymous

• sorry whats the question?
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• I don't know what your asking.
    Anonymous

• What do you think no more junk food?

It does not say that they are now providing nutrition info that's all no restriction on what you can buy

Anonymous

• Just cuz you change the name of the program doesn't mean ppl will buy less junk food.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 12:10 PM on May. 23, 2009

• no but the are providing info for those that care enough to learn how to feed their children properly

Anonymous

• Here we go again more programs, I went to the link and it says that the recipient gets a nutrition class or something like that. {laugh} my insurance doesn't cover for a nutritionist. Who knew?
    Anonymous

• SNAP requirements for foods that can be purchased are the same as in the FSP

This was copied out of the link....Nothing is changing about what can be purchased. It sounds like they are just giving more information about healthy eating and increasing benefits. None of it applies to me.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:18 PM on May. 23, 2009