Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

will my sons father be arrested if he doesnt start payin child supportt?

we went to court in febuary of 09 and it was settle in march tht he'll pay 80 $$$ but he hasnt taken anysteps to gettin a job and he hasnt paid me anythin so wen will he and how


Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • In Wisconsin, they have to be $5000+ behind in child support before it will even be considered to put them in jail. First, they will take tax returns, then drivers license, hunting licenses, fishing licenses will be suspended, then liens will be placed on homes, properties, vehicles and boats (child support arrears will have to be paid before he can get any money from the sale) then they will go for jail time. It takes years to get that far behind. If your agency is like Wisconsin then his support will be taken out of his paychecks.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • The laws vary by state; check with the local childsupport office. If he receives a refund from the IRS, they may be able to seize this for your child.

    Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • after so long they take his drivers lic, then after that depenting on ur state, in Washington they will post his picture on the internet, DSHS website, saying how much you owe, and issue a warrent..
    if u go true the support force, then they just take it if he is working and not paying or if not any type of tax refund, they will work to get ur money.mine took a few months to get in order i wouldnt worry about it just yet

    Answer by miss_nevin at 4:49 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • oh and just to let you know at 80 a month it could take a long time, for the warrent to come around

    Answer by miss_nevin at 4:58 PM on May. 23, 2009