ouch! cramping

I JUST had a "cramp" across my whole stomach that lasted for like 2 1/2 minutes, it just came out of nowhere, felt like i was getting my period. 37 weeks pg today. what causes this? (have had these before but that was a long one)

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 1:04 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like a contraction. Relax and if it keeps happening keep a eye on the time. Drink waater and relax it might go away
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:17 PM on May. 23, 2009

• or it could have been a Braxton Hicks. You body is just preparing itself. Same as befor relax drink water.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:18 PM on May. 23, 2009

• i get them occassionally. i havent had another one yet, but it just came out of nowhere. crazy. ty :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 1:20 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Yeah then it sounds like a Braxton Hicks. If you keep getting them or it gets stronger then it will be contractions! Good Luck!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:21 PM on May. 23, 2009