OMG, what could this be? (Graphic)

I just went #2 and usually there is a little bit of blood in my stool, I really don't know why maybe I do not drink enough water. But this time when I wiped I looked at the tissue and there was a ball of blood. So i took one side of the tissue and smashed the ball to see if it was solid and it broke like a little water balloon of blood. It was maybe as big as a pea, but I am pretty freaked out about it. It was not a weird color or anything, just solid red. The tissue that made up the ball and held the blood was real thin. I don't know what this is. I am very yound and do not have a history of health problems. My mother had ulcertive coltus. But I have never had any problems like this. I have showed blood in my stool for a few months now, but it has not been anything major. I just thought it was from scrapeing. Can anyone give me any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Health

• One time I had hemorroids and didnt know it because they were inside and not sticking out. It didnt hurt or anything. I went to the bathroom and I am NOT kidding, the ENTIRE toilet was filled with blood to the point that I could not see the hole in the bottom of the toilet! I guess a hemorroid had ruptured but it was news to me because I had no symptoms of having them! I would call the doc just to be on the same side because it could be something in your colon. My grandma has something going on in her colon (after 5 colonscopies they STILL cant figure out what it is) and she lost 5 pints of blood one day
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:46 PM on May. 23, 2009

• can't tell you what it is but blood in your stools is not a good thing.i would see a doctor.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 1:13 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Small tinges of blood when you wipe could be from fissures, which are tiny tears in the rectum from being constipated. They are often accompanied by hemorrhoids. But what you described, the blood filled sac, you really need to go and get yourself checked out. You could have something else going on with you. And with your mom's history of colitis, there is a chance that you could have it as well. You may have polyps which you would need removed well. I am only 27 and when I was 23 I had to have my first colonoscopy. After my first son was born I had months of bloody stool. Sometimes it was so bad that I had nothing but blood coming out. I finally went to the doctor. I have colitis along with IBS. I have to watch what I eat. I also had polyps that had to be removed. It's better to be safe then sorry and get yourself checked out. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• You're Not Alone! I had that too & posted A Simular Question! I do worry. But I can't afford any medical care. So I just hope for the Best! Mine looked like A raspberry. I also have the other blood in my stool! That can be from eating Red meat I tthink! I don't have your right answer! But Me too! Me too!! We're in the Same Boat!! I hope it helps knowing you're not the only one! I care & hope you find your right answer! If you do.. Can you please post it? For no doubt we have the same thing in common! Thank you! Let's Hope its nothing but A pain in the Butt/Hemmeroid!???
    Anonymous

• Really bad constipation can cause fissures and hemmoroids like the second poster mentioned. Also you can have some clots in there as well. I know exactly what youre talking about and if you look up bloody stools, you will notice that this is one of the symptoms of hemmorroids. Its not necessarily a medical emergency, but you do need to find a way to soften the stool. If you KEEP having blood in your stool even though youre NOT constipated, then I would see the doc, but this is normal. Well, not normal, per se, but its common. I cant replace medical advice, so you should do what you feel comfortable doing but I am just saying that I have had this before and it was nothing serious. Good luck. Get some miralax. Thats the best thing for constipation.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:55 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Balls of blood or clots of blood in the stool is not a good sign. Find a low-cost clinic and get yourself checked out. The life you save might just be your own.
    Anonymous