First ultrasound shows two sacs--one with baby, the other empty. Have you experienced this??

I had my first u/s at 6.5 weeks and it showed 2 sacs---one with visible heartbeat and the other was empty. Dr said that it could be twins and the other one will show more at the next u/s in two weeks, or it could be a twin that isn't making it. I had come in b/c of bleeding, which has stopped. Has anyone else ever experienced this? It's freaking me out!

Monyah64

Asked by Monyah64 at 1:42 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My best friend went through this. One sac had a heart beat and one did not.

She went in for an ultra sound every couple of weeks because she had an episode of bleeding and they couldn't find a second heart beat.

It ended up turning into a "vanishing twin" and was absorbed my the uterus. The only issue she had with it was that her son had a protien mark on his heart from it but he's completely healthy so no big deal.
    Anonymous

• if there is only one heartbeat the chances are that u have lost one of the babies. It could also mean that one of the babies isnt growing .i hope the other baby for your sake does start growing.GL
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 2:04 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I have had several friends go through this . They had 1 baby that died and the other one that lived.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:37 PM on May. 23, 2009

• well when most people have twins or more babies and give birth you know sometimes one baby is always bigger than the other and even at 6 1/2weeks thats early, lol. So maybe the one baby that's showing is gonna be bigger than the other, lol.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you concieved them at different times and like others said maybe one is just bigger than the other hope all works out and you get good news
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 7:35 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Well-Just an update. I had another ultrasound a couple of days ago and it showed both sacs---one with baby and strong heartbeat, and the other was still empty and hadn't grown at all. Relieve--yet kind of disappointed. That's what I get for surfing the internet and freaking myself out! :)
    Monyah64

Answer by Monyah64 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009