Are his teeth supposed to come in so quickly and close together?

My son will be six months on the 12th and already has three teeth. They've all shown up within about a couple weeks worth of time. Is this normal? His next doctors appointment won't be until the end of next month so I would love your input!

ours

Asked by ours at 1:49 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh and I just noticed today that instead of just mooshing his food and swallowing it, he's actually attempting to chew it and makes a big mess haha
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:51 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Yes it's normal. Once my daughter got her first tooth they started coming in about every 2 weeks. By the time her 1st bday rolled around she had a mouth full of teeth. Only one's she was missing were her 2 yr molars which she got when she was 18 months. Just be prepared because if them come in fast when he gets older they can come out the same way. At least that's what dd's dentist said. I was concerned because she was loosing a tooth every couple of weeks. At one point she was missing 6 teeth. I took her to the dentist and he said they were all healthy so I shouldn't worry.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 2:05 PM on May. 23, 2009

• my son had all his teeth plus his second year mollars comming in by his 1st b-day
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:13 PM on May. 23, 2009

• My DS got his two bottom teeth last month. The first one popped up and then the next one came in 2 days later.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 2:53 PM on May. 23, 2009