Getting My Body Back

I had my son almost a year ago and put on about 45 lbs. In the end of my pregnancy, I ended up with Pre-Eclampsia and put on 20 or so of that in fluid. After my son was born, I lost that fairly quickly, but the remaining weight just will NOT come off no matter what I do. I walk 5 miles a day, eat well and have slashed my portions drastically. To no avail. I understand the whole "more energy spent than calories taken in = weight loss" principle, but it is not working for me. Has anyone else had this issue? Am I just impatient? LOL If you have had this issue and overcome it, how did you do it? Seriously, I combine walking with yoga, eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, don't eat any food with preservatives or fake sugar...and it's like my body is stuck. I'm SO frustrated. Anyone? :)

TheEmpress78

Asked by TheEmpress78 at 1:54 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Health

• I think that you are on the right track; slow weightloss as part of a healthy lifestyle is more likely to stick. Here is a quick daily dietary checklist
    At least 8 8oz glasses of water
    7-8 servings of fruits and vegetable in at least 3 different colors
    6-7 servings of whole grains
    At least one plant protein, like beans, lentils or tofu.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:49 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I went thru the same problem and went to see my doctor b/c i was also losing a little bit of hair and was not sleeping well...turns out I had developed a thyroid problem. You can get tested for it very easily. I was put on synthroid medicine and quickly lost 12 pounds. If you are busting your butt and not seeing any results I would visit the doctor, it may be worth it
    bmom9308

Answer by bmom9308 at 10:11 PM on May. 23, 2009

• just started a group to help this! look up Fabulously Fit! hope to see you there!
    Aurorasmom

Answer by Aurorasmom at 2:48 PM on May. 24, 2009