I have a corner in my living room I want to make into a playhouse area...

Any ideas on inexpensive ways to do this. I don't have an actual playhouse. I have a mailbox.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You need a very large box to decorate. A box that a lift chair came in is what we used from the local drug store. Use your imagination and decorate the box. We made windows,painted a fence,drew shingles on the roof,etc. My nephew loved it! He has got a lot of use from it, and it was a fun family project to do together!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:19 PM on May. 23, 2009

• go and get a large cardboard box from anyone.. or a few.. and make the structure with that.. cut out windows.. etc. Get out some paint.. paint it a basic color.. then get out your markers and color it together with your kid.. be creative, lol. For the door.. just use tape on both sides (thick electrical tape will work the best here) to allow it to swing. You can use old door knobs to cupboards for the handle.. inside.. put a table and chairs... Left over pieces use as window boxes filled with fake flowers, and to make a 3D fence around the house. Just have fun :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:47 PM on May. 23, 2009

• We found huge boxes (free) from appliance stores like Home Depot and Conn's. Goodwill also has lots of boxes they need to get rid of.  Hot glued a few together, cut out windows, a swinging door, and shingles (sheets of different colored construction paper). We added a window flower bed, complete with fake flowers from the dollar store.  We didn't put a roof on ours, in order to keep a better eye on the little ones.

happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 11:47 PM on May. 23, 2009