showering with your little one?

my dd is 11 months old. her father/my boyfriend just moved to ohio for welding school. he comes home on the weekends but during the week its just me and her. it's really hard for me to find time to take a shower and give her bath. so i tryed having her taking a shower with me, she didnt like it too much. so i tryed it a second time and she started to like. i told my boyfriend and about and he said it's weird for her to shower with me? i didnt think it was but does anyone else do this or is it really weird? lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not weird at all! She's your daughter. I remember being like five and taking baths with my mom, then being a little older (around 8-10) and taking showers with my female cousin. It's all the same parts, no big deal :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:08 PM on May. 23, 2009

• We do it all the time with our son and he loves it. Just watch our because once be pooped in the shower!
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 2:09 PM on May. 23, 2009

• It's not weird. I used to shower with my dd and ds. She's only 11 months it's not going to hurt anything. It might be weird if he was doing it. Just tell him it saves water, lol.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 2:11 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I dont see a problem with it, as long as she is getting a clean! It is hard being a single parent and finding the time to take care of everything! We used to shower with our son when he was a little younger, he couldnt take baths because of his eczema and he was to little to shower on his own so you do what you have to do!
    Anonymous

• I shower with my son sometimes... although I would rather not just because it's not as easy. My son is 10 months and I just put him on the floor of the shower with some bath toys.
    It's not weird at all.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:18 PM on May. 23, 2009

• People these days are too hung up on nudity. How sad. There's nothing weird about it all. My DD has always bathed w/ me. It's safest. We can't shower while they sleep and not worry.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:19 PM on May. 23, 2009

• My son is 2 and he takes showers with my husband and I. He has a blast. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. We are his parents, and if he sees me naked I don't feel like that is a big deal at all at this stage in his life. When he gets older, then we will change that, but for now, no biggie.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 2:29 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I use to with my children when they was young. It made it alot easier getting it all done at once . I too felt it was safer but helped cut time to get other things done later on
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 2:29 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Totally not weird. On busy days or when my dd is just being a stinker I pull her in the shower with me. I read somewhere that the "appropriate" age to stop showering together is when they are at eye level with you private areas. While that's a good guideline, I really think it's a personal choice, for some people it will be sooner and for some it will be later.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 2:31 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Its not wierd at all. My daughter took her baths with me until just a few weeks ago cuz she is now old enough to sit up and crawl around in the tub on her own. But I took baths sometimes with my mom till I was like 4 or 5. And there was nothing wierd about it. She is your daughter. Its bonding. And cleaning lol. My favorite time with my daughter was taking our baths together. She LOVES bath time so it fun to play with her and be able to let her swim and such with out killing my back leaning over the tub for an hour lol... but ya... its perfectly fine.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 2:44 PM on May. 23, 2009