Why do men have the need to attack a woman's gender to feel better about themselves? Even in politics when all else fails attack her looks/private parts etc. Disgusting behavior.

when you see Nancy Pelosi, the Republican National Committee wants you to think “Pussy Galore.”
At least that’s the takeaway from a video released by the committee this week – a video that puts Pelosi side-by-side with the aforementioned villainess from the 1964 James Bond film “Goldfinger.”
The RNC video, which begins with the speaker’s head in the iconic spy-series gun sight, implies that Pelosi has used her feminine wiles to dodge the truth about whether or not she was briefed by the CIA on the use of waterboarding in 2002. While the P-word is never mentioned directly, in one section the speaker appears in a split screen alongside the Bond nemesis – and the video’s tagline is “Democrats Galore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The wisdom of equating the first woman speaker of the House with a character whose first name also happens to be among the most vulgar terms for a part of the female anatomy might be debated – if the RNC were willing to do so, which it was not. An RNC spokesperson refused repeated requests by POLITICO to explain the point of the video, or the intended connection between Pelosi and Galore.Earlier this week, Pittsburgh radio host Jim Quinn referred to the speaker on his program as “this bitch”; last week, syndicated radio host Neal Boortz opined “how fun it is to watch that hag out there twisting in the wind.”

Anonymous

• One might argue that face-lift and fashion gibes are just sauce for the goose these days – especially given the president’s crack about John Boehner’s perma-tan during the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner.

But “hag”? The P-word? Really?
    Not only is it bad form, say Democrats and women’s advocates, it’s bad politics.
    “They can’t seem to distinguish between a backroom smirk among the boys and something you put out in public,” says former Hillary Clinton senior adviser Ann Lewis of the RNC video.
    “It’s an attempt to demean your opponent, rather than debate them. If they’re serious that this is an issue of national security, then you’d think that one would want to debate it on the merits,” she says. “It’s almost as if they can’t help themselves.”

Anonymous

• Same reason women do it to men :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:11 PM on May. 23, 2009

• LIKE WHAT THEY DID TO SARAH PAILIN?
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 2:14 PM on May. 23, 2009

• was palin called a Pu...y? by a politician? not by the general public mind you but by a politician. I missed that.
    Anonymous

• I would say that Ms. Pelosi brought a lot of it on herself, but that IS over the line, and she can be attacked on her political stands, not her looks. I personally think she needs a padded cell, but I'm not going to call her P*$$Y or equate her to a movie character. That's just lowering yourself to her level and then digging it deeper.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:25 PM on May. 23, 2009

• op here... I agree with this statement and will add that it is disgusting behavior by elected officials.
    pagan_mama- I personally think she needs a padded cell, but I'm not going to call her P*$$Y or equate her to a movie character. That's just lowering yourself to her level and then digging it deeper.
    Anonymous

• Well, regardless of if they did things that brought it on, these are derogatory words that only hit on the gender instead of character or behavior. I think its because that women are not seen as equals in any light or scenario. For me personally, I am fine with that. I dont really have a desire to be an equal with my husband. I want him to be the stronger sex, but I also don't see being a woman as a reason to insult someone. I think beause men KNOW we worked hard to be equals to them, its the only place they can really get to us and make it hurt. I think one day when or if the gender wars are over, then it wont even matter. They will have to find a different way to attack. Also this is the same idea of insulting someone because of their race or sexual orientation. Its part of life, but is also looked at as a weakness.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:32 PM on May. 23, 2009

• tyme4me..
    So what they did to Palin?
    Anonymous

• Seriously? People are going to go there with this?
    Right now, without looking it up, name 5 female Bond villains.
    Nevermind the ad comparing Bush to Hitler during 04, lets just leave that out completely, except to say this is hardly unprecedented or somehow below the belt. The most well known female Bond villain, the one that the most people, not just die hard fans, would recognize on sight happens to be named after a female body part. If you have an issue with that, take it up with Ian Flemming. Meanwhile, if someone wants to make the comparison - Pelosi to Bond Villainess, there is one obvious choice. If they'd compared her to Odd Job people would be whining that they compared her to a man. How bout instead of nitpicking symbolism that's not there you consider the actual message and weigh that on its merits - she selectively knew or didn't when it suited her.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:50 PM on May. 23, 2009