showering question

I read this other post about showering with a toddler, then got to thinking... is it okay for a mom to shower with her toddler boy? My boy doesn't take showers yet, but when he starts I was planning on just getting in with because I thought it would be easier that way. But I wondering if that's bad or not. If it is okay, at what age would we need to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Thanks, good idea!
    Anonymous

• I do it all the time and I don't wear a swimsuit. Nudity is not sex. He is used to seeing me naked and doesn't think anything about it any more than seeing his dad naked.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 2:24 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I am fine with it. My little girl and I just took a shower today....I use the shower, she likes playing in the water because I put the drain plug in. I don't see a reason for swim suit if the child is under 3.5 and is comfortable. There is not one sexual thing about it.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:25 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it, but it does depend on your comfort level. I know people who are uncomfortable and would not shower with their children and that is okay too.
    Anna924

Answer by Anna924 at 2:27 PM on May. 23, 2009

• i dont see anything wrong with it either, i dont do because my 2 1/2 years old ask alot of questons but i am not against it
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 2:41 PM on May. 23, 2009

• doesnt bother me any, my son sees my naked all the time, changing and showering and what not but he doesnt ask questions yet, but he does stare at my boobs sometimes lol thats a little weird but ohwell he doesnt have them so it must be weird to him!
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 3:00 PM on May. 23, 2009

• OP here - LOL at bradynsmom222! My son has seen me change shirts, but luckily he only stares at my belly button and wants to poke it.
    Anonymous

• I agree showers r not sex and I really can't c y a mother would ask! It's ur child! I would continue until they started askin question like what's that !
    My kids see me naked I think it helps them to know it isn't dirty or a bad thing.
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 4:16 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I still shower with my daugther (3 years old), and I showered with my son until he was about 4, and then he really got into understanding the differents between boy and girl so I quit taking them with him, he is 6 now....There is nothing wrong with it at all, espically when your a single parent or in my case my husband works out of town, so my 3 year old can't do it by herself so it's eaiser for her to just jump in with me....:)
    lynnepooh

Answer by lynnepooh at 4:19 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I just started showering w my 2 yr old son last week and life has been much easier! he ran in on me one day so I just stripped him down and gave him his soap, he loves it! I haven't thought about what age to stop yet.
    -jenn1983-

Answer by -jenn1983- at 8:22 PM on May. 25, 2009