Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support

I'm a single mom with one child.And my BD is married.I really dont call and ask him for nothing unless I really really need it.I called him yesterday and asked him can he take his DD over my mom house because I had to go to work .He acted like I just asked him for a million dollars.And he dont really get her any cloths he just out here like he dont have a DD. should I go to child support on him?

Answer Question

Asked by Youngstown1 at 2:34 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I'm not positive because I'm not going through that, but I think in order for you to receive child support you have to have custody of your DD through family court.

    Answer by KareemsMami at 2:37 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • You should go to child support because he is the child's father and he should contribute to her upbringing. I don't know what your communication/relationship is but it should be about taking care of your child not you let him know that. good luck.

    Answer by nateandlo at 2:49 PM on May. 23, 2009

  • Child support is to support the child, so YES you should go for child support.

    Answer by Fallaya at 4:15 PM on May. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.