wedding on a budget??

me and my fiance are getting married august 8th and my parents friends have agreed to let us do it in their backyard (2 million dollar beautiful house!!) with a pool and a great view so im really excited about that and we have friends that are chefs and are going to do our food and all so most of the expensive stuff is taken care of but i was just wondering does anyone have any advice about wedding on a budget? i need ideas for decorations and where to get cheap wedding dresses, im going to float candles in the pool though and my colors and going to be deep red (bridesmaids) and everything else will be white and black cuz i want alot of black and white pics, did anyone else have to do their wedding cheap? please give me some ideas! we have around 2,000 dollars.

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 2:44 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• MY mom found these really cute champaign shaped candles and bubbles at walmart. I had no idea she bought them until during the reception, and all my girl friends stole them. I was able to find one that had been buried under tissue paper. Its the only decoration I had left.

You can get a lot at craft places like hobby lobby or Michael.s
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:59 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I did my wedding on or under $3000.00....Wedding dress came from a store called Renee's Formal Wear, or you could check David Bridels (not sure where you are), but shop's like that does the $100.00 dress sells. Mine was a $800.00 dress price tags still on and I paid $100.00 plus tax for it. My flowers came Walmart, a flower shop that worked out a deal with me, just need to open up and talk with them, and don't settle for the first shop you go too, and Micheals. . And like Crystal1124 Hobby Lobby and Michael's as alot of stuff too. So hope something I said helps...And good luck on your planning and your wedding day.
    lynnepooh

Answer by lynnepooh at 4:09 PM on May. 23, 2009

• There was a couple here in town that bartered their services in exchange for wedding related items on craigslist. They were able to have a very nice wedding: beautiful gown/tux, flowers, favors, etc. T
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 11:34 PM on May. 23, 2009