How often do you wash your hair?

I know this may be a weird question, but I only wash my hair every other day(I take baths on the days I don't wash my hair and shower on days I do), but all my friends and pretty much everyone I know washes theirs daily. My hair doesn't get greasy or anything, andI've heard that washing your hair every day dries it out and isn't healthy. Am I weird for only washing every other day??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My hair gets washed once a week with baking soda not shampoo and an apple cider vinegar rinse instead of conditioner. I shower every day and get it wet, but that is it. My hair is healthier now then it was before I started thsi (2 years ago). I used to wash every other day because I have dry hair. It takes a little while to get your body used to no shampoo, but it is worth it in my book.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:13 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I shower every day, but only wash my hair every other.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:56 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I use shampoo every other day. My hair and scalp get dried out easily. But I use conditioner daily.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 2:58 PM on May. 23, 2009

• i try and do it every other day just to keep it healthier but it gets so greasy after just one day of not washing i hate it! so i just wear a hat lol
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 2:58 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I shower every night at bedtime and shower when I get up in the morning. I always have. My hair is really curly and it gets oily so fast I can't go a day without washing it. I know some people that can go more than a day, and I wish I could...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:32 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I must wash my hair every day or it gets oily and stringy and gross and yuck yuck yuck!

Everyone is different though. Consider yourself lucky if you don't have to do it every day, haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:44 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I wash it every other day. If I wash it everyday, it's dry and frizzy. If I wash it less, its oily looking.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:48 PM on May. 23, 2009

• It depends on the time of yr for me. During the winter, I do it about every 2nd day (like Monday, Thursday, Sunday). During the summer, I sometimes have to do it every day b/c of swimming, the chlorine smell gets to me and it does awful things to my hair.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:49 PM on May. 23, 2009

• haha since i stay at home some times itos 3 days before i wash it!!! it dosent get oily or greasy so ti still looks the same as always.. but now that its summer ill be washing it more often with the sweat!!!!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:51 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Used to wash it daily but after child #3 it went to every other day LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:53 PM on May. 23, 2009