discipline method?

my son is 2 and i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to discipline and what worked for you? ive tried spanking a few times he just looks at me like that didnt hurt and i dont like doing it, timeouts dont do much and i try and just tell him no really loud but that only works sometimes? have any tips? im kind of a wimp when it comes to stuff like this, i hate seeing him upset.

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 2:56 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I punish my daughter by taking something from her that she likes (she's 2 1/2.) Say she's throwing a fit over me not giving her juice with her yummy lunch, I take her lunch away. It usually makes her think twice about throwing a fit. If she DOES throw a fit, I put her in her room for time out. Like you said, it doesn't actually work too well on her...yet. She's getting the hang of it, though. I cannot stand listening to her shriek, so the time out is a break for me as much as it is for her.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 2:59 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Well if you hate seeing your kid upset, then nothing you do will work, because they pick up on that
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:02 PM on May. 23, 2009

• yeah i know lol its really hard for me, i need to work on that i guess
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 3:03 PM on May. 23, 2009

• It's never fun lol. Trust me, my kids are 15 and 10 and it drives me crazy to see them upset, but I have to be firm infront of them. All children are different and what works for one child does not work for another. One thing I learned through the early years was that using the same disciplinary method EVERY time, just doesn't work, or didn't with my kids. I was consistant on WHAT they got punished for, but had to change up the punishment every now and then. Best of luck to ya hon!!!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:06 PM on May. 23, 2009

• One warning, then a time out.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:22 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I don't get the feeling u r very consistant!! A good mother also isn't wimoy when it comes to loving their kids and discipline is loving them. Y can pop his butt one time just to get his attention. Look at him make him look at you and explain to him what he did and that it was wrong. Don't drag it out he will loose intrest real fast. Short and sweet. Do the same if he contines w/a two min. time out. Ignore him for his time out period he IS being punished!
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 4:24 PM on May. 23, 2009