2 year old boy, potty training ideas

does anyone have any tried and true methods of potty training? he just turned 2 but im not sure hes ready yet? how do i tell that? he is getting mad when i change him now and he tries to pull his diaper off all the time, ive heard cherrios in the potty works?

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 3:05 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Readiness signs are knowing when hes wet or dirty right after they go and sometimes before and coming and telling you. Showing interest in using the potty and being able to hold it for any length of time. What hes doing is not signs of being ready for potty training. Hes just being difficult as most 2 yr olds can be....LOL. Most boys are over 2 before they are PT and a lot of them are over 3. My youngest is 3 and isnt interested at all. Theres no use in making him do it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:26 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Does he try to take it off if he's dirty?Wet? That's a good sign! My 2 ran around naked (long t-shirt) with the potty in the middle of the liv room and baby gates up to keep him with me or close to me so I could watch. I kept diney movies playin and brought little snacks and tea in a sippy cup. It was news to me little boys sometimes start sitting down. Always praise!! When they have an accident keep a straight face clean them up tell them once the have to use the potty then go about ur day the way u were doin.
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 4:31 PM on May. 23, 2009