can i have a natural birth after a c-section??

....

kaitie_bug

Asked by kaitie_bug at 3:09 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it's called a VBAC.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:10 PM on May. 23, 2009

• There are VBAC support groups here on CM. just look them up.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:15 PM on May. 23, 2009

• You can always try it.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:15 PM on May. 23, 2009

• yes!! i had two! some doctors say you cant (they make like 3x as much $ with a cesarean) i used a midwife.

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:46 PM on May. 23, 2009

• you can, i was going to till we found out it would be impossible cause he was 2 pounds heavier than my daughter and the way he was positioned he had no room to move into the birth canal. I was seeing a midwife and she assisted with the surgery and she even said there would have been no way that I could have delivered naturally. I dont regret the repeat csection either the recovery was much easier.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 4:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Depending on why you had the c-section, yes it's called a VBAC and it is most definitely possible. See if you can find a local group of VBAC women for support. You may have to shop around for a doctor/midwife who will do it though.
    Anonymous

• most definitely, that's what i will be doing any day now!!! :) email me if you have any questions. i took classes and read a lot (educated myself on childbirth). i'm hoping this labor and delivery will be a whole different story to tell. wish me luck on my vbac!!! :) thanks. good luck to you too.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:12 PM on May. 23, 2009

• i had a vbac and am so glad that i did. my first delivery was an emergency c-section and the recovery was horrible. all but one of the drs in the practice were all on board for the vbac. when they couldn't guarantee that 'the one' wouldn't be on call, i switched practices. i found one that was going to be there for me no matter what. i paid extra outside of my insurance for the dr b/c it was 'boutique style medicine', but i had longer dr appointments and she was there throughout the labor until the 1st feeding.
    fight for what you want. drs try to scare you into repeat c-sections b/c they can schedule them and don't have to wait for the woman to naturally labor and deliver. plus they get more money, but hide behind the guise of calling it 'less risky'. they do not tell you about scar tissue obstructing your intestines with repeat c-sections and all of the complications associated.
    karla_t

Answer by karla_t at 12:59 AM on May. 24, 2009