What does real contractions feel like?

I have been getting these cramp like pains this morning that come and go. I have no bleeding or anything. It is very uncomfortable to sit. I am about 34 weeks pregnant and not sure if these are contractions or something else. All I know is that I am uncomfortable and in pain sometimes.

ahelliott143

Asked by ahelliott143 at 3:11 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they are probably just braxtons, those can be uncomfortalbe, I had one wake me up in the middle of the night once.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:14 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I had braxton hicks contractions starting at around 4 months pregnant with my first pregnancy. And they were not painful at all just irritating. REAL contractions feel like the worst period cramps you have ever had. Or the worst potty pains like when you have to poo reallllllyyyy bad but hold it. If you are worried about it the best thing to do is probably call your doctor... GL momma =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 3:28 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Sounds like Braxton Hicks. Relax drink water if they get worse and consistant(close together) (thats when you should call your dr) it is normal to get lots of them though they come and they go. Just your body practicing for the real thing.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:59 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I was having contractions for two days and I didn't know they were contractions. For me I have back labor and can't tell weather it's the real thing or not. I am 35 weeks pregnant. I just was discharged from the hospital today for preterm labor. I felt uncomfortable, my stomach was hardening, I had no appetite at all and had a back ache that Tylenol or a shower couldn't help. My doctor had my contractions stopped I had to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. I am still randomly contracting but for some reason that's not what I thought contractions would feel like. I thought I would be in real pain. This is the second time this week I have been in for preterm labor. Your baby is too young to come out and needs to bake a little longer so those lungs can mature. If your unsure just go in... whats the worse that can happen? They tell you it was nothing? Good luck!
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 9:16 PM on May. 23, 2009

• the worst cramp you could ever imagine...and probably twenty times harder than what you can imagine!! Its like your body seizes up for a second or two then tension starts to release
    MoMosMommy439

Answer by MoMosMommy439 at 3:19 AM on May. 24, 2009