How long is an open can of concetrated formula good for? I cant find a direct answer. If it is only good for 24 hours then how do I save the milk so I dont waste the can. I am only giving my baby a bottle of formula like once a day. Can I make the bottles and freeze them or store then in the fridge? Please help.

JrsMa317

Asked by JrsMa317 at 3:22 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put in in something else & in the fridge. I was always told it was good for 48 hours.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• my can of soy formula says 48 hours, you can buy little cans...there like 3 dollars if you only use a little
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 3:24 PM on May. 23, 2009

• You could try the powder since you are only giving it once a day.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:25 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I would agree with the poster above me, buy the powdered if only giving one bottle a day
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:31 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I buy powder formula. I just get the smallest can they sell, and it lasts me like 2 weeks. Once you open the powder it's good for a month.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:33 PM on May. 23, 2009

• buy powdered, never freeze formula and once mixed throw it away after 24 hrs.Another tip is start with the smallest amount mixed, like 2 ounces at a time. If your baby wants more, then mix it. Alot of people waste formula by mixing bigger bottles and throwing out an ounce or two wach feeding. they all add up.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:36 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Switch to powder.

The liquid is only good for so long no matter what container you put it in, formula is not supposed to be frozen and you will waste a lot less with powder because the can of powder is good for 30 days once open.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:50 PM on May. 23, 2009

• powder is good.I used the whole can and made the bottles and put them in the refrigerator so they were ready. I gave gim more than y r giving urs but evry little bit of advice helps so.........
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 5:06 PM on May. 23, 2009

• If only giving it once a day buy the powdered, but why not just pump a bit extra and use that in the bottle if the bottle is really needed, much cheaper and it doesn't go bad as fast..I'm assuming since your baby only gets one bottle a day of it you must be BFing...if supply is the issue there are tons of ways to increase supply so supplimenting is not necessary...
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:54 PM on May. 23, 2009