pregnant with second

i just found out im pregant with my second, im four weeks. My first is only 14 mo any one else in this position? any suggestions lol and advice

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 3:45 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Prepare yourself. You have 9 months and by then you will have a 23 month old so it won't be that bad. Don't stress and remember no matter how bad it may be it could always be worse. They will be far apart in age really so it wont be as hard as you think. Remember to show the older one how to treat a baby and still give them personal time with you. INclude the older one and things will be okay. Don't let jealousy take over and don't change the rules or routines because of a new baby.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:47 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Honey whatever you're worrying about stop and feel bad for me because I'm 7 weeks and my son is 5 months old hahah
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:48 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Yep, that was me. My first was 15 months when I found that I was pregnant. My kids are 2 years and 1 month apart. I love it. They are really great with each other! I would not change it for the world. I thought that it would be really hard when my second was first born, but my oldest was such a great help, even just at two years old! Through out my pregnancy I talked a lot about babies, and that I was having another one and that my son was going to be a big brother. I involved him in a lot. Picking out baby clothes, bottles, etc...I made sure to spend good quality time with him after the baby was born too so that he didn't feel left out. They are 2 and 4 now and they are best buds. Of course they have their little fights every now and then, but they are 2 and 4 and siblings are supposed to do that. You'll be fine! Just relax and enjoy being pregnant again! Congrats!!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 3:49 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Why should you stop and feel bad for someone else???? It was your choice to have unprotected sex and risk getting pregnant. I wouldn't and don't feel bad for you. It was your choice and no one should feel bad for you. If you feel bad then you should have thought about it ahead of time. OURS the question was about her not you.
    Anonymous

• uh anon i dont feel bad for myself iam married and very stable just needed some advice thats all! and i was on bc for your information. I never asked you to feel bad for me. my question wasnt hey feel bad for me. moms like you really shouldnt be on websites like this. We are women and every once n a while need comfort nd support. THATS ALL>
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 4:06 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Mine is 10 months and I am 5 weeks... but ours was planned. You can do it! As soon as you see the babys face you will know that you can make it work. You have to for your kids... just try to think of the plus sides of it =] GL!!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 4:09 PM on May. 23, 2009

• and dont even worry about that anon poster.... she obviously has something stuck up her tooshie. Totally not your problem.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 4:10 PM on May. 23, 2009

• lol thanks girls!!! im starting to get super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::::)))))
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 4:14 PM on May. 23, 2009

• ya I am! Just imagine them playing together and stuff... and I am enjoying my daughter 20 times more now that I know that I'm gonna have another one her age in just over a year! She is at such a great age and knowing that I get to expierence all of it again is just so great to me! Don't know if that makes sense or not lol but ya.... There will be twice as much love in your house now =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 4:23 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I found out I was pregnant with #2 when DD was only 11 months. I can't give any advice yet because he isn't due until July 17th, but I'm in the same position :) You are not alone! One thing I have had to do so far is transition Chloe into her big girl bed. That went well and she loves it now :) Good luck!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:44 PM on May. 23, 2009