I have an energetic 2 year old who gets bored with her millions of toys! any ideas for rainy days?!

Sometimes when were at home on rainy days and i have things to do she is bored and whiny. She has millions of toys and a play room full but only wants to play with them when other kids are over! any ideas on what to do while mommy is busy cleaning???? PLEASE ANY ARE APPRECIATED!!!!

Vannahbugsmommy

Asked by Vannahbugsmommy at 3:47 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have her make an art project. She could make a popsicle stick house frame, hand prints, do jello tie die as its easier to clean up. Give her some rags and a bucket to "clean" with as well. You can make edible play dough, paint, color, play hide and seek so she can hide and you can get something done before finding her. If nothing else works let her throw a fit and ignore her and do what you need to do. Just remember your cleaning can wait as your child will not be this young forever.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:50 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Give her a bunch of sheets and wooden laundry clips and let her make a tent under the dining room table. Tell her it's her kingdom, and she's the queen of InsertNameHere-atopia xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:59 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I had a similar problem, I went to the Dollar Store (yellow bag boutique) got tons of stackable totes and changed them out every 2 weeks. She didn't get bored cause it was like new toys.Plus they're room stayed a lot neater.=)
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 4:10 PM on May. 23, 2009

• My daughter is the same way, always has been. She is 5 now. I give her a wet wash cloth and have her clean counters or dust the living room because I HATE to dust and she doesn't mind it. When she was 2 I would let her push around the vaccuum or sweep the kitchen...every little bit helps but normally I would have to do it over again. Now my 5 year old LOVES to clean and mop the floors and vaccuum and is always will and wanting to help...no complaints here because she's actually good at it! Now if I can only get her to clean her room! LOL
    I would just make the 2 year old your special helper and give her a sticker or something when you're all done.
    TigerBaby69

Answer by TigerBaby69 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 22, 2009