crying after reading a book

does your baby cry after your done reading a book to them? my daughter is 9 months and crys hysterically tears and all after im done reading a book to her. obv she wants me to read it over and over again but its so annoying

em9x

Asked by em9x at 4:05 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine never went hysterical, but the need for repetition at that age (and on beyond to about 3 or even longer) is part of the wonderful world of parenthood. It's also critical to development. However, I know it's also annoying and makes you want to yank your hair out and creates a need to do great injury to the book (or the CD, or the tape/DVD, or the TV show....) I know she's young, but start telling her before the book you and she will read X number of times, and then it will be time for (insert another book or activity/nap here.) Keep that up and that repetition will also start to sink in. Hang in there. It's hard for you , but it's creating security for her, as well as key recognition and word-building skills.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:35 PM on May. 23, 2009

• KIds loooove things repeated over and over. It's normal.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 4:45 PM on May. 24, 2009