Im due in october with my first baby and on mothers day my mom didnt say happy mothers day to me but all of my friends and siblings did... Is there something Im missing here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on May. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Well remember it is her day too! Did you say Happy Mom's Day to her? She might not have thought about it.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 4:32 PM on May. 23, 2009

• The difference is.. that it is now almost June and you are still stewing over this letting it "rent space" in your head.. Get over it. There is always going to be something you don't agree with or something that hurts your feelings. You should have brought this up to her a while ago ( if it bothered you that much!). Now's the time to "let go" and start thinking about positive things!
    Anonymous

• Technically you're not totally a mom yet, I remember being pregnant last year on mothers day and NO ONE wished me a happy mothers day, besides that just like pp said why are you still bothered by, mothers day was a while ago, get over it
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:01 PM on May. 23, 2009

• My mom is the Queen of Hallmark..........never gets me a card or anything. I would run around, get gifts, do a dinner, all that for her and my MIL. NOT ANYMORE....for many other reasons--not because of her ignoring me on Mother's Day, but I do get how you feel. You are a mom. My own husband got me a card and flowers on Mother's Day before my 1st was born. You probably can't change her, but know you aren't alone.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:32 PM on May. 23, 2009

• You aren't a mother yet. Save your first "Mother's Day" for when you have the baby in your arms, you'll enjoy it much more.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:47 PM on May. 23, 2009

• HA. My son is 6 years old. I tell her every year, but she never tells me. I don't let it get to me anymore really. My mom is a bitch like that anyways
    Kikesama

Answer by Kikesama at 8:14 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Whoa. This would instantly be solved by you picking up the phone. I know you're pregnant and emotions can run high, but don't make something bigger than it is by letting your imagination run wild. Only she can answer the question. I just hope you told her happy mother's day!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:10 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I find it strange so many say she's "not a mom" but if this was an abortion questions you'd say this was a baby..........don't baby and mom go together? So she is a mom before giving birth. Sorry, because I know you didn't ask for this answer, but it keeps bothering me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on May. 24, 2009