If you were a SAHM with your 1st child and a working mom with the rest do you feel guilty bc the first child got more of your attention?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on May. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Who says SAHM gives more attention than working moms? I worked with 1st child and home with 2nd and gave as much attention to each.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:20 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I don't know if this will help or not, but I worked with my 1st and am now a SAHM and I still feel guilty because even when working my oldest got more of my attention then my other child does. Even though I stay home now, I still have to split that attention between the two.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 4:21 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I was a part time WAHM with #1 and a WOHM with #2. DH is the SAHD now. I feel terrible about not giving either of them the attention they really deserve from me, but for us DH is trying to start our own business so I can quit too and it works for us. I think it has made DH much closer to both his children though and I love that.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:08 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I have been a SAHM for 5 years and I am going back to work when my youngest is 4.5 months old. I was so upset when i decided to get a job. But, I won't be working for long. Just long enough for me and hubby to save up money for a house. Then I am going to SAH with my kids. My mom is going to watch them so at least strangers won't be watching them.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:20 PM on May. 23, 2009